Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Different roles but same clothes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Different roles but same clothes?

I have noticed an unusual trend developing that appears to cross the boundaries of different sections of society. I have been reading the usual Military magazines like Combat and Survival, and blogs / websites and I see that Private Military Contractors and Private Security Operators and even many Special Forces guys n gals starting to wear almost the same clothing choice and kit selection as many preppers / survivalists and bush crafters / air softers/ action photographers etc.

Desert Combat Boots and Civilian Approach shoes (Salomon, Merrell etc)

Loose cut Denim Jeans and Cargo pants (often 5:11 and Craghoppers)

Riggers belts or double layer stitched leather belts

Long Sleeve T shirts or Polo shirts

Tactical Fleece or Military grade smock to keep warm with

Bandana or Shemargh

Badged or unbadged Ball Cap

Everyone appears to have wrap around Shades, High quality folding lock knife, Tactical flashlight, Military watch, Paracord bracelet

And beards even for guys who have never seen an Afghan mountain in winter .

Its getting bloody hard to tell who is what these days when you go to expos and shows etc. 
yeah they are saying the same thing in Syria !
Popular for a reason I suppose, pretty good quality, pretty good price. These army types don't exactly make big bucks. I'd be most surprised to see them rocking around in full tad gear set up.

And if you are in I presume you want to look like you're not. When out and about. Never know when your friendly neighbour jihadist is going to run you down and... well, you get the picture