Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Baaaad idea!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just had an E mail from a mate in Doncaster, he recently took to keeping his Bug Out Bag in his car as he thought it would save time if he had to bug out. He went to a Halloween party last night and his car got nicked, and everything in it. Trouble is he also kept copies of all his essential documents on a flash drive and that was in the bag as well!!! Doh !!!!
All sensitive information should be encrypted. I'm often finding old USB sticks laying around (trains etc) - and I ALWAYS have a gander to see what's on there - mostly looking for dirty pics - finding someones personal documents, well, let's just say you certainly don't want that information falling into the wrong hands.

My phone is encrypted, the SD card in there is encrypted, my tablet is encrypted and so is the laptop HD. Only thing that I've not encrypted is my NAS, as my TV won't talk to it. And if anyone does get in they're welcome to browse my films and music.

Encryption is free and robust, no reason not to use it.
I leave my ghb in the boot permanently and I'd be gutted at its loss...nothing in there that compromises me though, it's more about the cost of replacing the kit.