Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Rat model 2 EDC blade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just been trying out a friends new EDC blade the rat model 2 UK legal blade, they are only £35 , I have ordered one from Hiennie for myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb0piPQV534

Its not locking but I'm still trying to get used to non lockers so hopefully this blade will be more suitable for edc stuff

Bugger, that should read its not a non locking knife it has a liner lock
Looks like good piece of kit. I've been trying out one of the small lockblades with boxcutter, screwdriver, bottle cap lifter and metric box wrenches from True Utility on your side of the pond. Once blade was Lansky'ed to uniform 17-degree bevel and sharpened to 600 grit it's Pukka, but not quite good to go out of the box. But decent buy for the price, certainly.
Wife has one. Pink handle obviously... cracking bit of kit, should have got one myself really. Shaving sharp out of the box. Seems very strong laterally too. Well worth the asking price. Feels more like a £100 blade to be fair. Definitely recommended.
If anyone have a spare one SmileSmileHeartSmile have I said how lovly I think you all are Smile
(9 November 2015, 09:48)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone have a spare one SmileSmileHeartSmile have I said how lovly I think you all are Smile

I hear Heinnie have LOADS of spares Barney Wink Big Grin

Annoying thing is the wife prefers her Boker Subcom cause it's:
a) pink
B) a funny shape

So it's in the cupboard at present. May snaffle it for myself, but I don't think I really need another folder. And pink won't match my shoes.
Na I tried ,they told me if I asked them again they wold call the old bill ,some people are just rude !