Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Best crossbow for all round use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was looking at the Anglo Arms jaguar 175 lb crossbow any good?.
(8 February 2016, 19:12)aguy Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking at the Anglo Arms jaguar 175 lb crossbow any good?.

I'm satisfied with mine.

If you get one, be sure to get a cocking assistance cord at the same time.

Someone on here who shall remain nameless did themselves a mischief trying to cock one unaided.... you have been warned!
Satisfied with mine, they are what they are the basic cheaper end of the market, but will do the job, no problems cocking it without the aid just need to be carefull.
I got a armex marauder compound crossbow ,bloody hell you don't want to get hit with a bolt from this
I've got one. Nice bit of kit. Best with a cocking mechanism but you can do without unlike one of my other crossbows. Really powerful and I had the incredible hulk unable to cock it without the string. We all had a go but, unlike some, we stopped short of injuring ourselves.
I F***ed my back badly trying to cock a 150 pound crossbow, that was over 2 years ago and its still not fully fixed, I ended up listening to the forums resident archery experts and bought a compound bow instead, just as deadly and I can fire three arrows in the time it takes to recock and fire one crossbow bolt. I now look at crossbows as prepper artiliary Smile ideal if you want to deliver massive energy in one big wallop and compound bows as PDWs and Take Down recurve bows as hunting tools.
"F***ed my back badly trying to cock a 150 pound crossbow, that was over 2 years ago and its still not fully fixed"
Is that your back or crossbow?
My back, I tried to be a clever sod and just picked up the 150 pound bow, ignored the advice of experienced archers, and just bent down put my foot in the stirrup and pulled, crunch two bits of cartledge damaged later and a lesson learned the hard way. Please use a cocking aid.
Aguy have you considered a nice compound bow, they are truly wicked, Skeane Dhude got me hooked onto them when he let me try out his budget compound bow.
I enjoy using a compound bow too, but it has the disadvantages of complex stringing and inability to use DIY wooden arrows. If I wanted to hunt with arrows I would use a moderately powerful recurve crossbow that was capable of firing thick wooden arrows fitted with large broadheads.
Pages: 1 2