Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Seeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I expect most on here have either ordered / received their seeds for this coming growing year....and even starting off in your greenhouses this is a busy time on the gardening front ....lots to do.

What i am doing this year is doubling up on seeds stock...especially winter crops ...the other thing to consider is Heirloom seeds ....i am ONLY buying these ...because i can take seed from them for future use.

The Greenhouse.....is a must have and if you have a poly tunnel even better to bring on the crop producing plants and seedlings ....i am in the throws of moving my greenhouse and poly tunnel.

Composting is a big part of any garden, the production is easy enough and cheap ....leaf mould ....the black well rotted stuff is also great to add in to your soil full of nutrients and again FREE just a bit of time is required ...even add some and mix into your compost.

I take the view, if you are going to put the work in....it changes from a hard slog to the pleasure of serving great produce onto your plate and having a full table ..when others may not have anything at all....i have this trait ......i have a chair or four about the garden.....one of my favourite pleasures is to sit near the bottom greenhouse, pluck a nice ripe tomato ...wash under the tape ...sprinkle a few ounces of salt from an old script bottle i have in my inside pocket.....have a look....then bite straight in ....adding more salt as i go....i find closing your eyes intensifies the pleasure of the feast.

So to sum up......double up on your heirloom seeds THIS YEAR and get down and dirty in your garden...or containers .
It's great SS, but I'm not so sure a couple of ounces of salt is good for you ;-)