Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Repeating Crossbow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking for a crossbow which could be loaded fast and came across this video on youtube any thoughts?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAyCVTV8...tml5=False
A toy even less usrful power than the 80 pound draw pistol crossbow its built from, I sqw a real one on a US site that used a small ancillary divers air bottle to recock a crossbow but it still had to be hand loaded.
Clever design but not very poweful at that size I would imagine. Now if could make a rifle size version that might be interesting...
see something joreg makes, youtube it, you will get great ideas.
The Viper repeating Crossbow I assume you're referring too? Trouble is it's always out of stock, can't keep up with demand no doubt.
Please keep in mind that the 1139 Papal ban on the use of crossbows against Christians is still in effect.

A small detail but, after all, any Papists wouldn't want to risk excommunication. 8-)

English longbow, a compact or even a modern compound seems more practical...
CH that only counts if you are a Christian on both the giving and receiving ends.

You can still poke small missiles into infidels, atheists and nonbelievers, so you are good to go on most of the population with no special added time in purgatory.
MB,

That is a big relief! I still prefer to use cap & ball revolvers lubricated with pig lard.

Something about lead and hog fat contaminated with sulphur and brimstone which seems so appropriate.
Looks pretty good but as other user said, the power shooting is what make doubt about it
I got bored the other day and happened to look up while loading dirty clothes in the washing machine and saw my self cocking crossbow hanging on the wall in the utility room.

Where I put the bolts to that thing I can not remember. I went to the workshop and found a couple of appropriate dowel rods cut them and stuck duct tape fletching on. Put points on them with the pencil sharpener.

I got tired of going back and forth after the arrows in the target real fast. I had forgotten that part. Shoot some walk down range, walk back, shoot some, walk down range, walk back....

I returned to the pellet rifle and spotting scope in short order. I also use a lot of reactive targets so I know when I made a hit instantly.