Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Looking for archery quiver advice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So as a complete set up my personal preps consist of my EDC gear (about my person) and my GHB (modular and expandable) and my primary defensive tool will be a compound bow. So I need to carry say up to 20 arrows comfortably as well as my GHB rucksack.

Can anyone reccomend a quiver or DIY device that will hold 10 plus arrows rattle free and secure that I can attach to my GHB or wear sperately but with my GHB ?

Ta Muchly in advance.
Get a piece of 4" pvc and cut to length. Glue an end cap on one end and leave the other a slip on fit. It will hold 12 arrows with padding to prevent rattle if you alternate the fletched ends.

Use bog roll for padding. You can always use extra bog roll.

I use one of these in long form to transport my bows. it protects them well.

If you want to spend some cash;

http://www.3riversarchery.com/mtm-arrow-case.html

I have been using one of these for 15 years so I know they hold up well.
It depends on if you want to carry/transport arrows, or have the arrows ready etc NR. Rattling arrows drive you crazy, well they do me! and over the decades I have tried most kinds of quivers and they all have drawbacks to some extent. I now use a crossbow style bow quiver in which the arrows "pop" in, very secure and no rattling at all, but you can only carry Six so no good for your specs. The only style of quiver that might suit your needs could be a "lakota" indian style one which sits across your front, these are a lot quieter than back or side quivers and you can get to your arrows very quickly.