Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Build a Bug Out Bag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I don't have a bug out bag right now, In the past, I had like 5 of them and all overloaded with this that and everything "OTT" so I feel it's time to set a new one out and felt I would post here the contents, and am open to suggestions but bear in mind this is to suit my needs and I want it bare bone simple.

The Bag which I already have and its my preference, although mine is better quality then the one I am linking, same bag just better made, I mention this because we should invest in good Bag. This one is ebay £23.95.

Us Assault Back Pack

[Image: mil_tec_us_assault_pack_large_coyote_1a.jpg]

My water preference, 3l with straw, my one fits in to the back pack rear takes up no space of the pack pockets.

[Image: image.jpg]

Bristish Army old millbank bag

[Image: 57_1.jpg]
pic host

These tablets are the same ones the army use

[Image: 017009_ONE_OASIS_WATRE_PURIFICATION_TABLES_SS15.jpg]

RAVPower 15W Solar Charger with Dual USB Port (Foldable, Portable, iSmart Technology)

Thanks NR.

[Image: 61_WTdvvo_K4_L_SL1000.jpg]
image hosting services

Fenix HL60R Rechargeable LED Head Torch 950 Lumens Output, This also has red leds, which could be useful.

[Image: Fenix_HL60_R_Headlamp.jpg]
windows 7 print screen

[Image: 2016119175200525.jpg]
windows 7 screen shot

RAVPower 16750mAh Portable Charger External Battery Pack

[Image: 51_I5e_Vyf_Iu_L_SL1000.jpg]
imgur

Cowon Plenue D MP3 very long battery life and I have to have my music

[Image: COWONPDLARGE.jpg]

Samsung smart phone loaded with information including foraging and poison foods so on.

[Image: img_1485.jpg]
picture share

Adventure Medical Kits Thermo-Lite 2

[Image: image.jpg]
image hosting 10mb limit

Looking for a water proof LED rechargeable lamp.

I am looking for 2x cold weather MRE packs from what I remember they are 48 hour ration which due to the high calories can be extended beyond that.

People tend to over look food in there B.O.B or maybe I am just greedy.

US Army First Aid Kit (IFAK) Pouch this is my preference for this B.O.B

[Image: medical_usgi_army_acu_improved_first_aid_kit_ifa.gif]
adult photo sharing

Outwell Collaps Bowl

[Image: Collaps_Bowlfinal2012.jpg]
image hosting 12mb

Stoves I have two I will pack, first one a flat pack for larger jobs and wood burning even to keep me warm, and I will also bring my Esbit Dual Fuel Stove.

[Image: esbit_985ml_dual_fuel_stove_hard_anodised_cookse.jpg]
pictures upload

Blast Match, Mag Block, Lighter.

[Image: 3433_zps62ce354b.jpg]
picture sharing

[Image: genuine_us_military_issue_aviation_magnesium_fir.jpg]
adult image

I am going to add a Flint & Steel Firesteel because I have never used it

[Image: FS_1_4.jpg]
image free hosting

Every thing I have posted might not be put in this B.O.B I will have to see as I fill the bag and maybe just rethink better options.

When I get all the kit I will post the end result, I have most of the above already.

My main thing is SHELTER, WARM, WATER, FOOD and the ability to maintain myself beyond the prepacked rations.

The pictures of the above is not my kit it is kit I have and/or am getting.

Bahco Laplander Folding Saw

[Image: bahco_laplander_folding_saw_trail_building.jpg]
image hosting free

Great article Nem, much appreciated, I to had a mega sort out plus changed from a Bug Out Bag setup to a Get Home Bag setup, My pack is now far smaller ( quite similar to yours actually) and much more modular with assorted module I can pack or disregard needed.
I base my GHB around a KOMBAT UK NAVBAG. http://www.kombatuk.com/view.php?ViewProduct=901
It can be used as a back pack it has shoulder straps that pack away inside, it can be used as a Messenger bag with a single strap or carried as an attache case by its handles.

Because of limited funds and because I dont travel that far from home I use two 500 mil SIG bottles for water and my assorted bits n bobs are in sealed tupperware type containers, cos they are cheaper than those natty pouches you have Smile

Fire lighting is done via 3 BIC lighters or my lovely BLAZER PB 207 butane torch which has never failed in 20 years, I love it I can light fires, solder or even braze with it ( badly)
That's a site I have never been to before I do like the bag.

I am looking forward to this B.O.B been a while hopefully once its done it will be put to the test and I can then make further changes if need be.

Open to suggestion by all members of this forum, for now I am going to link things I think might be useful and see what develops.
Good attitude, I believe all the types of bags we use be they BOBs, INCHs GHBs, LSS etc all evolve snd change over time as we leave more, experience more and our circumstances change. once over I just used to change out batteries and rations from my BOB pack but these days I find myself giving much more consideration to what I need to be carrying at any given time. Constant evolution I guess.
PS I consider the KOMBATUK luggage systems to be easily on par with the UNCLE MIKES luggage I used to get from the US
Pages: 1 2 3