Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Another thing to do before the SHTF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got back home after two fun-filled hours in the dentist's chair this morning. I had x-rays and my teeth cleaned, and my dentist found a loose filling and a cracked tooth. I haven't had a problem with either, but I made an appointment in six weeks to have both fixed. The reason? If the world economy crashes before year's end, which I believe is a good possibility, my teeth will be "good to go" for at least the next two years or so. I can't imagine SHTF with a tooth-ache on top. Now is probably a good time not only to round off our preps of food, clothing, etc., but also get as many physical problems solved as possible.
We never go without an annual dental check up even though the NHS only does them 2 yearly around here, so we pay £29 each for a full clean and repair job. We also keep some Dental Repair kits in the house plus tools.
I have this well sussed out.....spare set of dentures ....the only thing that hurt was my wallet ......a good tip for those unfortunates who have real teeth....glove of olive ....is great for toothache...just dab a bit on some cloth and rub on the offender ..Holland & Barrett sell it. However it did hurt when i had eleven knocked out on a Friday night....all i remember was ...after i said "what you f..king looking at ?" and the boys picking me up at the bottom of the steps..can't even remember going through the double doors in mid flight .
hadmy back done,teeth are sorted and now thinking about having my eyes laserd
I read some place that Laser Eye surgery only works on certain eye conditions but not simple ageing eyes, and I think I read some laser eye surgery only lasts about 5 years, my wife says a colleague recently had 3000 pounds worth done privately but it has left her using a magnifying glass to read her mail!!!!!
I have had laser eye surgery and you are correct that it needs to be repeated about every 5 years.

My advise is to save all of your old pairs of eyeglasses so that you have spares to stash in multiple places everywhere so that you are never without them! An older pair with 2 or 3-year-old prescription is much better than none.
I brought several pairs of reading glasses of various strengths
for future use.