Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Air Rifle Question, what is the......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Absolute LIGHTEST, UK legal , Full power 11.5 to 12ft pound break barrel, single shot, high quality, synthetic stock carbine length air rifle in 22 calibre or 25 calibre, for back packing that you guys know about?
BSA xl tactical carbine , compact tough but not especialy light but i've found anything below 6lbs in a springer is quite dificult to shoot accurately because of the lock time and recoil , i would by the new hw99s in .177 myself but its not avaiable in a synthetic stock (don't buy a spanish made bsa xl , there not as well made as the earlier original ones)
Full power (UK Legal limit), was thinking about picking up one of these myself.

http://www.ronniesunshines.com/gamo-whisper-x
4 ft long and 7.5 pound way to big for what I'm investigating, I'm hoping to find / adapt something no more than 3ft long and at least a pound lighter
LAC Sir have you considered the BSA Comet Evo Standard with tactical stock, 37 inches long and 6 n a bit pounds. or the Standard new full power Meteor wood stock version, around £150.
I inherited several air guns from my dad, Webley and BSA but its worth saving your coins and going for a weapon from Weihrauch...superb build quality.
(1 June 2016, 17:10)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]LAC Sir have you considered the BSA Comet Evo Standard with tactical stock, 37 inches long and 6 n a bit pounds. or the Standard new full power Meteor wood stock version, around £150.

Yea, a bit too big for backpacking. Thanks for the tips, had a look at these and definitely worth considering. Will start a new post about a place I found to shoot crossbows in London, which may also be doing air rifles as well, cheers.
Can you lay your hands on a Crosman 2100? Not a break- barrel but a PCP:

4.8lbs, carbine length, accurate and very quiet.

I purchased one as a low power vermin killer. It looks like a kids toy to be honest. But its proven to be the most used air gun we own. Biggest advantage is that it can be stored in ready to fire condition, so is very quick to deploy.

Will also fire BBs although not recommended if you want to keep the barrel rifling effective.

On pellets its VERY accurate. Because of being PCP there is virtually no recoil. Although under UK power limit, on 7 pumps out of 10 max it still completely flattens pellets fired at a solid steel block from 30m.

Biggest weakness is that the barrel is a hollow thin gauge steel tube with a thinner straw of a rifled steel barrel inside. It feels very fragile, but to be honest has handled a lot of abuse from us over the last few years and still shoots very straight.

Loading process is a little unusual too. 1. Set Safety to ON. 2. Pump to desired pressure. 3. Manually open breech, load pellet and close breech. 4. Cock the trigger mechanism. Firing procedure is normal, but note only a single pressure trigger.

Note that Crosman also make a similar gun called a Pumpmaster. This one is to be avoided as it has a smooth bore barrel. In effect its a BB gun that can fire pellets, whereas the 2100 is a pellet gun that can also fire bbs if you get what I mean.

Technical spec for the 2100B

Caliber

Powerplant
Variable Pump

Lead Pellet Velocity
Up to 725 fps

Steel BB Velocity
Up to 755 fps

Action
Bolt Action

Product Weight
4.80 lbs

Barrel Material
Steel

Barrel Type
Rifled

Checkering
Yes

Front Sight
Fiber Optic

Rear Sight
Adjustable

Material
Synthetic

Magazine
Reservoir

Mounting Rail
Dovetail

Trigger
Single Stage

Stock Style
Traditional

Stock Material
Synthetic

Safety
Crossbolt
Or as a back packable unit, what about one of these:

http://www.wighillparkguns.co.uk/product...?prod=1597

Plus one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crosman-Should..._171wt_904

Again PCP and self chargable.

I've no experience using this model though so have no idea how stable/ powerful it could be.

If I remember rightly S13 had a .22 version and was very happy with it as a ratter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4