Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Useful tip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am always trying to update the safety for my chicken flock. Well, I have a useful tip for anyone who is interested. We bought a number of those metal safety panels - you know, lightweight metal mesh panels used by builders to fence off areas - as we wanted to give the chooks a bit of grass. They have turned out to be a real boon. We use them upside down so there is no gap at the bottom. They can be joined together with cable ties and moved easily in various positions. I add a bit if extra security by shoving in metal ties to make sure no predator can dig in. The cats can't get over because the panels are vertical and there is no purchase for their feet. Bought on eBay and collected in our trailer. Really good stuff,
Been using them for years ......and they are indeed brilliant....ideal for SD s ranch .
Funny that I was thinking of this but I think we must use different mesh for our builders. The gaps are too wide. MaryN, Do you have a link to the eBay items you mention?
SD, do a search for Heras Anti-climb fencing panels.

The anti-climb have a narrower mesh than the standard Heras panels.
Yep, they are Heras fence panels. Whizz around on eBay and there are all sorts of options available. This link is for just one of the listings......
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heras-fencing-...2497804945 - but you would need to collect - I don't know where you are.
They would be good for growing the likes of toms/cucs/grapes etc.
Thanks for the link. They are the ones I was thinking of but I would have thought that they were climbable by small creatures and the smallest would be able to slip in the gaps.