Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Howard Godfrey - Emergency Preparedness and More
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Revised Second Edition is now out. The author Howard Godfrey is an old friend of mine and knows what of he speaks, because he lives the prepper lifestyle and brings to it a lifetime of experience from his youth in South Africa and as a career fire fighter, law enforcement officer and emergency manager in the USA. For several years he kept up the blog Preparedness Advice, which is highly respected. He has since retired, and handed the blog off to very capable hands, and I am delighted to see a revised Second Edition to his book, with over 100 pages of new material and lots of photos which help teach and inform.

http://preparednessadvice.com/books/my-r.../#comments

I recently received my review copy and found Howard’s revisions and updates timely. Chock full of useful and practical hints and tips without the conspiracies, tinfoil hat instructions and gloom and doom common in too much of the prepper literature out there. The message of the book is one of common sense and self reliance which instills confidence and hope.

Lots of the subject matter bcan be applied to our daily living, and should be! If hard times are in our future, a source of solid, basic information for the new prepper, or a refresher for the experienced is a great thing to have around. I suggest multiple copies of these as Christmas gifts and to stash in your Get Home Bag or Road Warrior Ruck.

https://www.amazon.com/EMERGENCY-PREPARE...ff937a8d0c

EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS AND MORE: a Manual on Food Storage and Survival is a comprehensive book designed to provide preparedness information to the average American family residing in the United States today. It consists of twenty-three chapters that cover a wide variety of survival topics, such as figuring out the amounts and types of foods you need to store in order to be self-sufficient and how to package this food for long-term storage. After reading this book, you will be able to answer important questions that include: How do you cook your food without electricity? What type of medical supplies should you have on hand? Do you know how to purify your drinking water if the water system fails? How should you navigate precious metal trading? All of this and more is included in this easy to read book.
Looks good CH, thanks for the heads up.