Survival UK Forums

Full Version: howdy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
im from london and i really wanna meet other like minded peeps.
im more about the trials that nature throws at a man when in the wilderness and learning to overcome them.
i have lots of theory and no practical so here i am.
hi people.
Welcome to the forum, but being here is not going to give you the "practical", you are going to have to go outside to get that.
Hello and welcome from South Wales.
Hello and Welcome.

MB has it right. You need to get out and about to get some practical or attend some courses. Depends where you are in London.

Most of the UKs preppers have a lot of theory and not much practice so you are not alone. Make realistic plans for increasing your experience. Practice starting fires and start growing your own food in pots. There is only so much you can do so do what you can.
i was kind of hoping that i could meet up with people here?
get a circle of like minded friends and have a few beers occasionally??
Good luck with that!
so everyone heres a total stranger to each other?
can u direct me somewhere so i can get associated?
I can't help with direction, but the people on here tend to be quite cautious about meet-ups.

Meet-ups do happen, but only occasionally and those involved have usually gotten to know one another on-line over a considerable period of time.

Stick around. Contribute to the discussions and you might learn something as well.
Like many sites there are several people in the same area and they usually drift together. Although most are pretty cagey about themselves. You need to build up a relationship. I don't know of any sites that will set up a dating service for preppers.

Lurk a bit on here and other sites. Post a few questions and let people know you are interested in getting together for prepping purposes and people will be happy to make arrangements. I've met a couple of people who are London based over the last few years. There are a few out there.
Howdy, Howdy! We've got lots of beer in the icebox, and a few bottles of Kentucky bourbon too. C'mon over and we'll tip a few.
Pages: 1 2