Survival UK Forums

Full Version: And I'm still waiting...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whenever there is a catastrophe anywhere in the world, either natural like a tsunami in Indonesia or man-made like a nuclear reactor meltdown in Japan, the United States is usually the first on the scene with money, supplies, and rescue workers.

Now we have a catastrophe here in the United States. Hurricane Harvey decimated Southeast Texas. Where are all the folks from those other countries that we've so generously helped in the past?

I haven't heard a word yet about any other country sending so much as an extra bag of rice or a spare Registered Nurse, but I'm waiting.

And I'm still waiting...

And I'll bet it's going to be a long, long wait!
Well at least i am glad to hear from you JP ! ....at least you are safe enough to let us know you'r okay (for now ) i hope whatever situation you are in right now ....will get better soon ..real soon ....and ALL the other folks suffering this nightmare also ....in our thoughts and our prayers ...stay safe JP .
Shelterbox in the UK is helping!
(31 August 2017, 20:41)Jonas Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever there is a catastrophe anywhere in the world, either natural like a tsunami in Indonesia or man-made like a nuclear reactor meltdown in Japan, the United States is usually the first on the scene with money, supplies, and rescue workers.

Now we have a catastrophe here in the United States. Hurricane Harvey decimated Southeast Texas. Where are all the folks from those other countries that we've so generously helped in the past?

I haven't heard a word yet about any other country sending so much as an extra bag of rice or a spare Registered Nurse, but I'm waiting.

And I'm still waiting...

And I'll bet it's going to be a long, long wait!

America is touted to be the world's leader, a super power. Perhaps other countries assume that you have all you need to deal with the situation. I don't recall America coming to our aid in cyclone Tracey in 74, in fact aid was poor & slow in coming even from the Australian Government. Aid is given I assume to countries who are seen as being underprivileged, who lack resources. I don't see America fitting into that category.
Keith.
(31 August 2017, 22:09)Devonian Wrote: [ -> ]Shelterbox in the UK is helping!

Good! It's not the quantity of help offered, it's the fact that any help was offered at all... Thanks to Shelterbox.
Jonas,

Help is generally offered all the time whenever anything happens. It just isn't publicised in general. Katrina is a good example as Western countries offered aid to the US but it was turned down. Usually our governments refuse aid as it will interfere with their own aid plans. The poorer countries always accept it as they never have any recovery plans to put in place besides waiting to be helped.

It really pisses me off that the countries who expect our aid, and the US is one of the most generous countries in this regard, hate us normally.
(1 September 2017, 14:24)Jonas Wrote: [ -> ]
(31 August 2017, 22:09)Devonian Wrote: [ -> ]Shelterbox in the UK is helping!

Good! It's not the quantity of help offered, it's the fact that any help was offered at all... Thanks to Shelterbox.

And I did ask how you were sir. I thought you lived in Texas?
(1 September 2017, 16:53)LAC Wrote: [ -> ]And I did ask how you were sir. I thought you lived in Texas?

Up until 3 years ago when my wife died of Alzheimer's, I did live in Southeast Texas for 17 years. I moved to Virginia to be closer to family. I live in Richmond now, but I have both friends and family (my daughter's in-laws) living in Texas.
(2 September 2017, 15:02)Jonas Wrote: [ -> ]
(1 September 2017, 16:53)LAC Wrote: [ -> ]And I did ask how you were sir. I thought you lived in Texas?

Up until 3 years ago when my wife died of Alzheimer's, I did live in Southeast Texas for 17 years. I moved to Virginia to be closer to family. I live in Richmond now, but I have both friends and family (my daughter's in-laws) living in Texas.

Hope they are ok?
I'm sure they managed to pick up aid from Jonas on how to prepare. I hope so anyway.

In my case it is one of the most frustrating things to have spoken to close family about prepping and they don't listen. Then when things go wrong you know it would have been much easier. They just don't get it. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you in Texas atm.
Pages: 1 2