Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Ophelia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You have your very own almost hurricane, your worst storm in decades, and not a word about it?

A real, for honest, almost up to hurricane force blow, and not a word from anyone on a prepper and survival forum?

Come on people, this must have at least blown your dust bins down the lane!

The world needs details.
Here in South Wales its not been that bad , gusting a bit right Now 4 pm ....what was weird MB was how dark it went about 10 am it was like 10 pm in town everyone was commenting ,
on my return home the commandant and i removed the roof covering from the gazebo and tied down the umbrellas and covered the outside table and chairs and tied that lot down for winter.
I have not seen the weather yet for the latest , but anything that can fly has been tied down or had weight added to hold it in place .
When i looked on my weather app this morning the wind speed was 24 mph(high) this will last till about 7 am Tuesday morning hardly white knuckle stuff but gusts are strong now and then....lots of leaves on the drive GREAT these will gathered and go straight into the raised beds i have just constructed.
It's a bit windy. That is all. It is rare for it to get dangerous over here.
One nice thing about American weather is that being as extreme and often severe as it is we have good excuse for laying by some pretty extreme gear just to prep for storms, tornado, blizzard, without looking like a nutter.

There are people in Florida still operating on generator power, and folks in Puerto Rico wishing they had several months food stored and a water purification system.
wheely bin has gone over
The one umbrella and the plastic table was lifted (the umbrella stand is 24 lb ) the gust picked the lot up travelled no more than 1 ft ....table is f..ked about 8.55 pm, took about 15 secs .......polytunnel seems firm ...but i am a bit concerned....been out out putting some more concrete blocks around the base just in case.