Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Looking for preppers to be part of a short documentary film!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I am a student in London and I am producing and directing a short documentary on the subject of the community of preppers in the UK.

As part of the film I am searching for an avid, enthusiastic prepper willing to be part of the project and appear in front of the camera. This will involve:
Meeting up on several occasions before filming begins to get comfortable / get to know me and my crew.
Filming one sit-down interview.
A trip to a nuclear bunker.

Since I am based in central London, I would prefer a prepper who is also a fellow Londoner to make meeting up more convenient for both of us, but I can be open if you’re super interested!

This will happen sometime in March or April. Unfortunately I can’t pay you for your time but this will be a great experience to discuss your life as a prepper and to help raise awareness of your community.

If you think you’re the right person, drop a reply or message me. I look forward to working with you and making a great film.

Thanks,
Finn.
Good luck with that!

For one thing, the media has not been kind to the community.

Secondly, no real prepper is going to appear on camera, talk about his/her planning, or expose actual supplies or locations of their storage or use.

If they do offer such things your first concern should be for their soundness of mind and the reality of their alleged actions.

BTW, is the visit to a nuclear bunker to be one provided by yourself or do you expect the subject to supply one for visitation?
(26 February 2018, 14:37)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck with that!

For one thing, the media has not been kind to the community.

Secondly, no real prepper is going to appear on camera, talk about his/her planning, or expose actual supplies or locations of their storage or use.

If they do offer such things your first concern should be for their soundness of mind and the reality of their alleged actions.

BTW, is the visit to a nuclear bunker to be one provided by yourself or do you expect the subject to supply one for visitation?

The aim of my film is less to have a look at what possessions a prepper keeps but more to explore the motivations and thought processes that makes someone become and be a prepper. I'm aware preppers in general aren't happy with how they've been portrayed thus far in most media, so I'm really aiming to have an unbiased and objective approach with my film.

As for not appearing on camera, how is this any different to the prepper personalities that appear on youtube and show their gear and talk about their lifestyle?

The trip to a bunker will be paid for by me and my crew. As far as I'm aware, not every prepper has a nuclear bunker just at their disposal (but maybe I'm wrong !)
Even if you managed to get someone to do this FINNBULL your project would be flawed from the first roll of film, Motivations and thought processes you seek and want to portray in an unbiased way would be next to impossible to achieve ,no serious Prepper would be remotely interested ...so your starting point or premise is flawed ........although you may well be full of well intentions ....it ainted going to fly mate.

May i be so bold as to suggest another topic you could address and equally current
in our MM over here

Why is it Everyday ....Trump is in our news , and dominates air time ? Why is he attacked at every opportunity?

or you could do a short film about BREXIT , and maybe suggest we pay F>>K ALL and just leave....like today !

In any event i wish you well in your pursuit of truth FinnBull ! good luck !
Obviously he’s never heard that preppers believe in OPSEC.
(26 February 2018, 15:59)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]Even if you managed to get someone to do this FINNBULL your project would be flawed from the first roll of film, Motivations and thought processes you seek and want to portray in an unbiased way would be next to impossible to achieve ,no serious Prepper would be remotely interested ...so your starting point or premise is flawed ........although you may well be full of well intentions ....it ainted going to fly mate.

May i be so bold as to suggest another topic you could address and equally current
in our MM over here

Why is it Everyday ....Trump is in our news , and dominates air time ? Why is he attacked at every opportunity?

or you could do a short film about BREXIT , and maybe suggest we pay F>>K ALL and just leave....like today !

In any event i wish you well in your pursuit of truth FinnBull ! good luck !

I could make a whole documentary out of this message because it's a fucking goldmine lmao
Maybe you could do a theoretical fantasy show on how well gun control works for you in the UK.

How safe everybody feels having a Bobby on the beat in the days of cultural diversity.

Contrast that against Dodge City in the USA where the Broward County sheriff's department are armed, but terrified to run towards the sound of the gunfire whilst school children are being murdered! It took responding officers from the nearby Parkland, PD to do their duty!

Clearly, the nearby Parkland police department considers the Broward County sheriff’s office to be a disgrace.

The Parkland police department emphatically declared that it is a completely distinct, separate entity from the sheriff’s office. The tone of their statement was simple, powerful, clear...and rather surprising. Normally LEOs present a united front in public, but in this case the PD wants NOTHING to do with a sheriff whom they clearly believe is a disgrace.

I got the distinct impression that this antipathy long predated the shooting incident. And since the cops went straight in, whereas four deputies took cover outside, the two organizations seem to have different policies, TTP, and training.

Interestingly, two other deputies apparently accompanied the four police officers as they went inside. I’m intrigued by the two groups of deputies deciding to respond in completely different ways. I wonder if those last two simply decided “screw the sheriff and his policies, we’re going in!” Or were they up to date in training, whereas the first four were trained under the old “wait for SWAT” concept?

Its either bad training / policy or cowardice. If they were waiting for SWAT then they have either bad department policy and/or training.

If they thought the shooter was outside of the building then they should have started sweeping the grounds. My take bad policy or training is probably where this is going to end up.

BUT if it is cowardice on at least Peterson's account then he doesn't get a pass!

The agency's active shooter or active execution policy and procedures must be examined by outside investigators and their leadership’s careers held back for a lack of professional prospective. After Columbine every law enforcement agency in the country should have been scrambling to change their TTPs for dealing with active executions.

If you freeze in the door you don't get to jump anymore because we are paying for guys that are ready to aggressively jump out of the plane, so use the frozen jumper analogy.

Hopefully the media and Florida’s political leaders will dig out and expose the answers to those questions.

How would this have gone down differently in the UK? Well the attacker probably wouldn't have a gun, but he could be a serial stabber slasher using a politically-correct knife? Or maybe he'd be a red-headed Irish football hooligan wielding an empty Harp bottle?

Would be cower in fear when the Bobby asked him to behave and be a nice boy?
Seems like a relevant survival topic for a UK survival show might be citizen avoidance of street crime...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5251268/lo...istics-uk/

Where is Harry Brown when you really need him?
I can't help you in the UK, but if you wander over here to the colonies, I'll help. I'm too old to worry about what the neighbors/government think.
Good luck with your film, Finnbull. I would be amazed if you found anyone to take part. The first rules of prepping are to keep one's mouth shut and one's secrets hidden. I wouldn't take too much notice of the U-Tube bigmouths either. Exhibitionism is not encouraged.
Pages: 1 2