Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What did you last buy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My shopping list was all set, then out shopping today, it suddenly changed.

The bookshop had waterproof map holders for 50p each. I had all 3 of them. Then there was an odd plasticy material square. I asked what it was....a 'tactical green' colour poncho for £1.00, and I had that as well. It didn't have any brass eyelets, but they're easy attached.

WOO!!! Easy shopping.

Oh, and a load of tins of various foods from Tesco. Only £10 worth though. About 25 tins. 2 big tubs of salt as well.
wonder wash, 3 x 20 litre jerry cans and 60 litres of diesel.
If you see thngs at a excellent price you have to get them.
A big bloody crossbow that has really hurt my back.
a pack of 6 broadheads for my wooden arrows, ordered online today.
crossbow string oil can you use any oil like veg ,in bad times ?broadheads 1000 pellets more tins meat and beans lots of salt 12p per KG
A folding saw,another mini fishing kit and a pocket size knife sharpener.
£25 worth of tinned goods with a 2013/2014 expirary. I also bought 4 litres of Bleach. Oh, and some cadburies celebrations that were discounted to £1 a pack. But that is less relevant to our interests.
(29 January 2012, 14:12)Carnebwen Wrote: [ -> ]£25 worth of tinned goods with a 2013/2014 expirary. I also bought 4 litres of Bleach. Oh, and some cadburies celebrations that were discounted to £1 a pack. But that is less relevant to our interests.

Hey, don't knock chocolate as a Survival necessity.Wink There are a few mylar bags labelled 'crisis bag' in my stores, that contain an assortment of chocolate and sweets.Big Grin

Bought 2 Aladdin heaters from evilbay to do up. I already have one, it's great!
[quote='TOF' pid='6470' dateline='1327915960']

Hey, don't knock chocolate as a Survival necessity.Wink There are a few mylar bags labelled 'crisis bag' in my stores, that contain an assortment of chocolate and sweets.

i always stock up with Mars bars when they're on offer-pack of 5 for £1, still comes under prepping in my book!!Tongue
I've got myself a Vango Sleep Mat.

It's half the weight of equal ability sleeping mats. It achieves this because it is mylar lined to reflect back 10% of my body heat. Also, it's self inflating! How cool is that?!?!? So no need to bring a pump and all that. I'm all for lilo style sleeping, but this pumps up to a tough 3cm thick, and it looks to be good.

I'll be testing it shortly and will write up about it in a gear post next camping trip.
Pages: 1 2