Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Panic Stations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well it looks like the media is at it again, first it was petrol and just as that stabilised they have moved over to supermarkets.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16373968/s...ssentials/
Well, got to admit I have stocked up on the basics today. Not because I feel an overwhelming panic - I don't do panic - but if I can't get my shopping in later when I need it I shall be ticked off. It really is a Catch 22 situation. Round here we have no problems - at the moment - but with the media driving the population into this situation it's just a matter of time.
I only do a supermarket shop once every 4 weeks, went last Wednesday and had no problems (Asda and Lidl) , local Co-op here was out of "munchies"- biscuits, chocolate etc but everything else was okay.
I do not see any sort of panic around here......however I do see shortages , also filling spaces with goods ( in a few areas ) to fill gaps to make out they have plenty for sale even though these items are totally out of their normal positions ......it’s as if someone is instructing staff to ( fill any gaps don’t care what with just fill the gaps ) .......crisp shelves are empty in Aldi’s and have been for two weeks ! Around here at any rate .

Took a trip to Splot market Cardiff this morning ......pitiful .....the stretching of stalls is being used on stalls just like supermarket shelves , I would be struggling to say 20% occupancy ......out of three fruit n veg just one remains ...with limited variety that all looked second rate .......the four vendors selling hot foods were struggling ...they will not pull out of this lot ....there are dead , but do not realise it yet .....it’s not going to get better anytime soon .....they just fight on hoping they will survive till good time return ....besides it’s all they have done for years and all they know how to do ......it’s beyond sad .....it’s terrible and soul destroying ......there was a boot sale in the car park that’s how bad it’s become .........lack of people will kill off the markets ! And the way of life along with it .
pictures in the papers of the sheeple stockpiling toilet paper again, not just one multi pack but a trolley full!!
idiots!
I've noticed one day certain items are low or non existent, then a week or two later those items are back and other items are low or non existent. I wonder if the distributors are being instructed to alternate the type of goods delivered because they can't get them all delivered as normal?
if you think its bad now what until its nearly Christmas, then they really do go mad, multiple trolleys full and you know half of it will be thrown out after the holiday because they bought too much and either its gone off or they cant use it because of the stupid "use by" date.
Furlough is finished ....The twenty pounds extra per week social booster payments is finished ........I am waiting for the kick back of that .....let only the price of heating / cooking ....never mind the price increases of food ...in fact everything ! .....if people are going to fight over loo rolls and fuel for their cars ...then imagine food unrest and total mayhem that’s heading our way ? As BP said , if you think it’s bad now .....we have seen nothing yet ..nothing..and just for good measure the global banking system is about to implode along with your money you held in your account or 80% of it .....SS you sound miserable and full of doom and gloom .........no not a bit of it ...me happy chappie ..look at this face ! got me some spuds , onions , carrots , leeks , swede , in fact everything to prevail and survive ......I am even building my own rocket for off planet relocation .....just waiting on Elon to return my calls and emails .
I've got no patience for people moaning about the £20 uplift, it was only for during furlough and they knew it would end sometime.
if people are fighting over loo rolls and pulling out knives over petrol just imagine how they will behave WTSHTF
for real! thats why I've always advised hunkering down NOT putting oneself at risk by going to the supermarket once things kick off.
Here in the States grocers are limiting quantities of beer, bread. beef and bog roll which can be in your shopping cart or trolley. You are allowed 1 trolley and 1 shopping trip per week or your store courtesy card is flagged. You can avoid this by paying cash, but then you don't get the advertised discounts. Greedy burgers.
Pages: 1 2 3