Survival UK Forums

Full Version: How quick things can go horribly wrong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Isnt just the case at how quickly your best laid plans can fall apart.
I've got a new crossbow i want to practise with, I've just had a phone call offering me a small mountain of free timber, my van is back on the road and I''ve got jobs to catch up with.

And I'm here laid up in bed in absolute agony with a wrecked back, It went last week as I tried to cock the new crossbow, not only have I set off an old lower back injury from 25 years ago that put in my traction for months, but I appear to have done a similar injury to my upper back as well. Got up this Am with aching back, now I'm back in bed, my left leg is numb and I cant move my back without terrible agonising pain in my back.
From Prepped to ****ed in one move. Sheesh
NR
I too have problems with an old back injury dating back to 1984/5, which in turn has given me OsteoArthritis or Arthritis of the spine, i can walk as much as i like but if i stand still for anymore than 5 minutes in one spot the pain starts, i cant sleep on my back as this will cripple me for days so i have to sleep on my side. i find i have to keep moving, if i were to go back to bed this will probably finish me off for good, different strokes for different folks!
Aww, sorry to hear that NR. And sorry for you too BP.

I have been watching Bear Grylls loads recently, and was wondering what he would do if he sprained his ankle. Everyone always says "What if you fall....." and stuff like that. Looking at the things he does, I really think the idea of falling is getting rather stupid and is WAY over hyped. Accidents happen, but you plan contingencies. Other things are totally out of the blue.

Other things, like bend your knees when you lift a weight.....those are worth listening to. I think a bow string would count in this respect NR.

Sorry to hear what happened.
It is the silly things that threaten our plans. We plan for many eventualities yet die while out in the winter because we got drunk and dropped our car keys in the slush.

Life is a series of hurdles when you clear one there is another just up ahead and eventually one gets you.
(30 January 2012, 13:30)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Aww, sorry to hear that NR. And sorry for you too BP.

I have been watching Bear Grylls loads recently, and was wondering what he would do if he sprained his ankle. Everyone always says "What if you fall....." and stuff like that.
all the jumping around and leaping down waterfalls that BG does i am waiting for the day he breaks a leg.......or his neck!! get better soon NRBig Grin
Get better soon
I am sorry to hear that you preppers have back problems. I can sympathise with you as I had problems too. However, I am able to keep it under control now. I wish I were nearer to you all and could help you. Kenneth Eames.
Get well soon & don't try cocking that crossbow for a long time... TL.
If we were currently involved in an actual after event situation NR, how long do you think you would survive in your current predicament? Being bed ridden through a repeat injury has got to be the worst kind of injury other than being blinded.
(31 January 2012, 07:07)Reality Jones Wrote: [ -> ]If we were currently involved in an actual after event situation NR, how long do you think you would survive in your current predicament? Being bed ridden through a repeat injury has got to be the worst kind of injury other than being blinded.

I would survive only a few weeks with my families support, probably a week without, Having been in a similar predicament over 20 years ago when I first injured my lower back is why i soon afterwards started going on and on about Mutual Support Agreements. Just imagine surviving the event, surviving the aftermath, getting your crops planted and a years firewood cut, then BANG you bugger your back and are bed ridden. No one to feed the animals, get the crops in, patrol the area, hunt, bring in water, cut more timber etc.
Thats why being a survivalist really needs to be a family affair.
Pages: 1 2 3