Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Carnebwen - 4 July 2013

Not really a prep, but not worth it's own thread.

Picked up an army issue how to survive and fight flip through book with instructions on how to use NBC gear, how to clean yourself after exposure, clean other people and protection against nukes etc.

More or a curio than any use since I don't own any of the NBC gear listed (or L1A1 they seem to be using in the pics).

It's dated about 1983.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 4 July 2013

Spent a delightful afternoon in the company of Homesteader off the other new forum, Lovely lady who hopes to move up to northern Scotland.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Skean Dhude - 4 July 2013

(4 July 2013, 19:07)Carnebwen Wrote: Not really a prep, but not worth it's own thread.

Picked up an army issue how to survive and fight flip through book with instructions on how to use NBC gear, how to clean yourself after exposure, clean other people and protection against nukes etc.

More or a curio than any use since I don't own any of the NBC gear listed (or L1A1 they seem to be using in the pics).

It's dated about 1983.

That would be worth having a copy of. Can you give us the title and reference no.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Dave13 - 4 July 2013

Bought and then shaved down a stanley fubar which now looks freaking awesome and more functional. And also fitted the webley stingray mk 1 with new 12x50 mildot scope and bipod.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Carnebwen - 4 July 2013

Army code no : 71338.
"Survive to fight"

D/dat/13/33/18

Looking through, there are a few things about going to the toilet, finding a casualty and diagnosing chemical, diagnosing symptoms of nerve agents etc

Not sure if you can find a copy. I got it of a market stall also selling medals for £2.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 5 July 2013

Going to clean out my ickle Wagon R and replace the fuel and water in the jerry cans with fresh stuff, POL it , check it over and wash it. Hopefully get a bit of archery practice in this morning as well.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Skean Dhude - 5 July 2013

Replaced all the fuel in the Jerry cans over the last week. Diesel and Petrol. Trip to Scotland helped use it up. Missed the last change so fuel was over a year old. No ill effects though.

Had a meet with others from the site. Always enjoy that. Time to talk and relax without having to watch what you say.

Emptying and tidying the garage after the leak earlier in the year. Not enjoying that although I have discovered some rusty tins of Carrots, Mushy Peas and Sweetorn. Have to have a think about testing them. They must be at least 10 years old.

Bought 20L of Water in 2L bottles. A tray of tins of Potato, A tray of tins of spam that were reduced of sale and some sugar.

Printing and laminating some sheets for my Book of Knowledge.

Writing some articles for the main site.

Ordered some fittings so I can get the solar panel project up and running.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Prepper1 - 5 July 2013

Changed the cracked valves on my bug out trailer wheels, with a spade ( to push the tyre off the rim, dont use a sharp one or you may slice the tyre.) and a pair of pliers to remove the old valves.

I have incidentaly removed tyres with an old worn smooth crow bar... hard work as its not the right equipment obviously but do able.

You have to deflate the tyre first, lay it plat on the ground, insert the spade under the rim onto the metal beading that runs around the tyre inside as thats the strongest part, stand on the spade whilst leaning on the wall and jump up and down firmly but not enough to bounce the spade off the tyre, and then squirt washing up liquid and water into the recess in between the tyre and rim as this helps lubricate matters which helps the tyre slide off.... takes about 5 minutes per tyre.

I suppose it helps, having years of not being able to afford to take cars to the garage etc... you learn how to do things yourself.

I do ALL my own repairs.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - uks - 5 July 2013

Signed up for a bee keeping intro course, maybe not a real prep got a halfords trade mega discounts on tools, parts, batteries etc

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 6 July 2013

Started making either 12 or 24 jars of Strawberry jam.