Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Arnie72 - 14 July 2013

Started to get hold of Chickweed after Kenneth Eames brilliant article on this site - it was exactly where my prep is going to now so my thanks to you Kenneth! - looking more to post SHTF now as I have my plan for getting ready for SHTF. Like SS I am continually prepping as funds allow, either learning more, practising more (archery, bushcraft, survival skills, shooting, knifework etc etc) or building up essential preps (this week it has been more bottled water and tins of food, a new Mora knife, extra sleeping bag and more wood!). As I said I am more looking towards post SHTF and necessary skills and knowledge there as I am content with my skills and knowledge for SHTF, just realising how much more I need to know in farming, animal husbandry, medical and dentistry! Wow so much to learn and so little time.....

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Dave13 - 14 July 2013

Sighted in the air rifle and crossbow

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Grumpy Grandpa - 17 July 2013

This evening I went to the local archery club for the first time. Second granddaughter wants to try it but couldn't go tonight because she's had an wee upset tummy. My excuse is that I'm kind of chaperoning her but I went myself anyway and it was brilliant!

I was a bit concerned about cost because there have been a couple of posts referring to beginners having to pay for courses at ridiculous figures but this club has equipment on free loan for as long as you need it and the annual membership is £60 plus £4 per session. Brilliant coaching too!

Have to see how the old bod holds up to it but I can't wait for the next one... Big Grin

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Highlander - 17 July 2013

^^^^^^^^^ Good for you GG, glad you enjoyed it

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Oimccoy - 17 July 2013

After visiting all 3 locations considered for my medium term BOL I have finally made a decision on which one. I define medium term as between 4/6 weeks of civil disturbance/break down in law and order and 9/10 months so my medium term BOL will be reasonably close to my house, worst case scenario being a 2 hour walk.
My personal opinion being if after 9/10 months there has been non increase in the general situation there is a strong likelihood that the situation is become exceptionally grave and would require retreating to somewhere exceptionally remote

RE: What have done towards your prep? - uks - 17 July 2013

Got a .22 air rifle kit rifle, scope, bag, pellets, 100 targets and a pellet catcher for my boy to learn with all in £99. Rifle is a db5 smk.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 21 July 2013

Made gooseberry and strawberry jam, Friday..... today Sunday..... Cardiff market apricots £1 a bag got 4 for jam, picked up 3 20ltr jerry cans £5 each, filled 1 derv 1 petrol the other will be paraffin, vinegar 2 gals salt 5 kilos ready for pickling this year, 3 bags of dried herbs, baked beans, 20 bars soap, .......stacked 2 cords of wood right by the back door....only another 3 cords to go, ordering 2 ton of coal next week ready for winter......cleared the work that came in, so money for prepps now ....raising potato's , broad beans , peas , carrots , for dinner today ......life is good....there's something about fresh veg....soil to pot .....I am bloody salivating .......a simple life for a simple man...that's me folks, introduced my youngest grandson to the pleasures of hanging a piece of parsley from your gob while you work on the garden....but he likes chives best ! canny lad .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - MaryN - 21 July 2013

Picking and freezing gooseberries today - those blasted little thorns really hurt! Picking lettuce and fresh herbs for salads; digging new potatoes (Charlottes, my favourite) for potato salad; fresh young beetroot from the garden - going to try pickling some this year.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Binnie - 22 July 2013

weekend from hell at work so weekend plans went up the swannie!

I did however get my kayak out on sunday, and discovered a few hidden coves with oodles of driftwood, and quite a few caves that were dry enough at high tide to camp in.

a bug out by kayak along the coast is possible, albeit a last resort!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - I-K-E - 22 July 2013

not much but ordered a fixing kit for my bargin basement roof box for the car more camping focused on this but could come in useful if things start looking a bit bad