Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - uks - 26 July 2013

For warned is for armed.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mooski88 - 26 July 2013

Reworked and repacked my Bug out Bag. While at the same time educating a few friends. They seem open to learning a few new techniques but not prepping. They just want help making their own BOB. But it's step in the right direction Smile

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Grumpy Grandpa - 26 July 2013

I'm ordering a replacement wheelchair so today I met with a supplier to go over my requirements. I've ordered one with a towhook and it will come with a wee box trailer. Amazing how quickly your mindset changes when you discover prepping... Smile

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Steve - 26 July 2013

I have some friends staying over from back in the South East, they've spent most of their days down on the local beaches but I've spent a few evenings teaching the teenage boys archery and air rifle shooting. They've improved so much, it's really satisfying. Not really prepping for me, but useful for them. At the end of this evening they were hitting a 12 cartridge end-on at 30yds every time.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 27 July 2013

added some more logs to my woodpile this morning.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - uks - 27 July 2013

Just got back from another country auction. This time picked up 2 galvanised chicken water and 1 galvanised feeder with top hats £10, combined chimney/drain rod set with brush head almost new £23.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 27 July 2013

(26 July 2013, 21:52)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: I'm ordering a replacement wheelchair so today I met with a supplier to go over my requirements. I've ordered one with a towhook and it will come with a wee box trailer. Amazing how quickly your mindset changes when you discover prepping... Smile

On one of the US forums a disabled chap in Oklahoma has a leccy powered chair for domestic use and shopping, but has a motorised one using a 50cc honda petrol engine IIRC for going to the ranges and camp sites on.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Grumpy Grandpa - 27 July 2013

(27 July 2013, 14:16)NorthernRaider Wrote: On one of the US forums a disabled chap in Oklahoma has a leccy powered chair for domestic use and shopping, but has a motorised one using a 50cc honda petrol engine IIRC for going to the ranges and camp sites on.

I love the idea NR - I wouldn't have the first clue how to begin fitting one though... Sad Maybe add cat tracks instead of wheels...? (Hang on - I think we've been here before... Big Grin)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - MCavity - 29 July 2013

Finally finished boarding out my loft over the weekend. Shitty job in hot weather but well worth it for the boost in storage space Smile

RE: What have done towards your prep? - TheFalcon - 29 July 2013

(29 July 2013, 15:14)MCavity Wrote: Finally finished boarding out my loft over the weekend. Shitty job in hot weather but well worth it for the boost in storage space Smile

Be careful that you dont over load it or your ceilings underneath will crack just like here Angry