Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 20 August 2013

I've bought a few this weekend, I got a little bit carried away.

4 mini "survival" knives
2 new shemaghs (my other 2 appear to have disappeared)
1kg of thyme (don't ask, I don't know why I ordered that amount!)
5 vials of Potassium permangate
5 vials of glycerol
1 quiver
1 new laplander
25 meters of dyneema / amsteel

Spent all day yesterday outside in the garden - put 100 pellets through the air rifle, changed the o-rings on the stirrup pump, let rip with the crossbow - that things a beast - bent 50% of the bolts I fired! Then we were firing the long and compound bows all afternoon. I need an arm guard, I'm sporting a rather fetching bruise on my left forearm now that runs nearly the whole length of it.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 20 August 2013

I've got an arm guard you can have BM, very basic nothing special, send me a pm with your address and I'll stick it in the post.

(20 August 2013, 16:28)bigpaul Wrote: I've got an arm guard you can have BM, very basic nothing special, send me a pm with your address and I'll stick it in the post.

Cheers buddy, greatly appreciated! I was contemplating making one from duct tape, but it's not exactly breathable material.

lets see: another leather hat(no2) £10, water bottle with cover with alice clips £5, another (no4) survival basha £3-wife is going to put this one up in the garden to shade the patio, 2 pairs of long socks size 11-13 £2, 3 wooden handles-small £1, roll of table protection material £1. ordered a "safari" type shirt from FieldandTrek.com on sale for £8 +£3.99 p&p. got 2 Mora knives at the WG on Friday £8 each 2 for £12. got another wooden walking staff(that makes 3) for £5.pair of good quality garden shears £3.

(20 August 2013, 16:20)BeardyMan Wrote: Then we were firing the long and compound bows all afternoon.

Oh yeah, something that took me completely by surprise, the future brother-in-law picked up the compound bow, drew it back and nailed the target first time. I thought it was beginners luck, but the boy's like Robin Hood reincarnate! I've never seen anything like it, never ever touched a bow before in his life, real natural skill. I was half tempted to give the thing to him, but I'm sure I need it more than he does Wink

(20 August 2013, 16:52)bigpaul Wrote: lets see: another leather hat(no2) £10, water bottle with cover with alice clips £5, another (no4) survival basha £3-wife is going to put this one up in the garden to shade the patio, 2 pairs of long socks size 11-13 £2, 3 wooden handles-small £1, roll of table protection material £1. ordered a "safari" type shirt from FieldandTrek.com on sale for £8 +£3.99 p&p. got 2 Mora knives at the WG on Friday £8 each 2 for £12. got another wooden walking staff(that makes 3) for £5.pair of good quality garden shears £3.

I daren't put the prices next to my stuff just in case Jade decides to have a gander! Bless her, she thinks most of the stuff I buy is dirt cheap.
If I die suddenly for any reason I'm expecting someone on here to tell her exactly how much my things are worth, not what I told her I paid for them Wink

Jane dosent really care what I spend, she even tells me sometimes what I should buy next!!Big Grin the leather hats were £10 reduced from £25!

(20 August 2013, 17:04)bigpaul Wrote: Jane dosent really care what I spend, she even tells me sometimes what I should buy next!!Big Grin the leather hats were £10 reduced from £25!

Bargain. I really struggle with hats, I have an unusually shaped cranium.

Completely forgot it was WG last weekend! Still, we had people down so I wouldn't have been able to escape anyway.

I picked up 2 leather hats from my favourite stall, the first fitted well-XL, the second I got last sunday is just a large-a bit tight but its ok. going up to the WG on Friday morning-we left at 06.30 got half way there and it bucketed down, nearly turned around and went home, glad we didn't, cleared up after a bit and was quite warm, met a few interesting people on the stalls, "Armouredcockroach" was there but didn't spot him.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mooski88 - 20 August 2013

Just turned up. Five books on wild flowers and their properties. And a book called Call of the Wild by Guy Grieve. Another 5 combat trousers. 6 95 shirts. 3 combat belts. 4 combat jackets. Over two hundred various items out of ration packets. 6 thermal t shirts. Several new blades. Oh and most important ..... A deck of cards.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - River Song - 20 August 2013

3 packs of TravelJohn Disposable Urinals.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003U2T6AU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's alright for you guys pissing up a tree, but ladies do prefer something a little more comfortable and these little things could help