Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - MCavity - 21 August 2013

(21 August 2013, 08:12)Highlander Wrote: My 1kw wind Turbine arrived yesterday,... now for the other bits... Smile

Any chance you can send the link HL?

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Highlander - 21 August 2013

(21 August 2013, 11:16)MCavity Wrote:
(21 August 2013, 08:12)Highlander Wrote: My 1kw wind Turbine arrived yesterday,... now for the other bits... Smile

Any chance you can send the link HL?

http://energistar.com/

Click on the `futurenergy turbines`,... and it goes to the 1kw turbine, we have gone for the 48v system.

If you are looking in AL... you are right the inverter is more expensive in 48v...Big Grin,... but by all accounts the 48v is said to be the best for what we want to do,.. see you Sat

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Sunna - 22 August 2013

finished building a wood store all from reclamed wood/nails/screws even waterproofed it with old chip pan oil am i green or tight Tongue

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Sunna - 22 August 2013

choped wood only lasted 1 hr far too hot must keep going as its getting darker quicker

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 23 August 2013

Wild food arrived yesterday. I ordered it on 23rd April!!!

(13 August 2013, 18:38)Tibbs735 Wrote: Just arrived in the post:
1 x USMC non serrated Ka-Bar
1 x Condor Bushlore Knife
1 x Gransfors Small forest Axe
Since I turned 18 I have been ordering lots of blades as you can see.

Just spotted this one.

2 very nice knives there sir.
And you can't beat the SFA! I love mine.
Bit of bees wax on the handle will stop it being quite so slippy in the wet.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 23 August 2013

Sent NR junior to summer camp in Yorkshire to polish up on his sklls inc languages, rock climbing, abseiling, scuba diving, archery, shelter building, water crossing, camp fire lighting, mountain biking, horse riding etc only wish I could have joined in Smile

Well I provisionally have a pass for a solo overnighter tomorrow, but I'll have to play it by ear depending on the general mood in the household tomorrow Wink

Women 'eh? Crazy fools!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 23 August 2013

(23 August 2013, 12:41)BeardyMan Wrote: Well I provisionally have a pass for a solo overnighter tomorrow, but I'll have to play it by ear depending on the general mood in the household tomorrow Wink

Women 'eh? Crazy fools!

I hope she's not reading this or you ARE in trouble!!Big GrinBig Grin

(23 August 2013, 12:47)bigpaul Wrote:
(23 August 2013, 12:41)BeardyMan Wrote: Well I provisionally have a pass for a solo overnighter tomorrow, but I'll have to play it by ear depending on the general mood in the household tomorrow Wink

Women 'eh? Crazy fools!

I hope she's not reading this or you ARE in trouble!!Big GrinBig Grin

I live in a perpetual state of danger here BP Big Grin

Just bought a Czech army bed roll for my back to basics camping set up (I stupidly sold the ones I had)
Now looking for a canvas tarp to go with it.

Also ordered a reindeer skin bag

RE: What have done towards your prep? - preservefreak - 23 August 2013

Since I'm on summer holiday and I don't have my normal routine I've become pretty sleepless the last few weeks so at about 1 in the morning I tend to go for an hour walk (lovely and cool and quiet). I've taken to taking a notepad with me to jot down locations of useful resources/places around me. It's something I've been doing for some time but living in a city there is an incredible density of such things so it's taking me some time.