Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 23 August 2013

(23 August 2013, 16:46)preservefreak Wrote: Since I'm on summer holiday and I don't have my normal routine I've become pretty sleepless the last few weeks so at about 1 in the morning I tend to go for an hour walk (lovely and cool and quiet). I've taken to taking a notepad with me to jot down locations of useful resources/places around me. It's something I've been doing for some time but living in a city there is an incredible density of such things so it's taking me some time.

better watch for plod then- they may think your casing the joint!Big Grin

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mooski88 - 24 August 2013

Just got a new SOG knife. And I'm in love with it! Best knife I have owned.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 24 August 2013

i'm very impressed with the skeleton knife I traded BM for, I've just fitted it with a neck cord for easy access!Angel

RE: What have done towards your prep? - The Klampits - 24 August 2013

(24 August 2013, 18:33)Mooski88 Wrote: Just got a new SOG knife. And I'm in love with it! Best knife I have owned.

On the highland meet at the moment and other half has made Ken Eames a knife. And just trying this to see that my message gets through.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Highlander - 24 August 2013

(24 August 2013, 21:47)The Klampits Wrote:
(24 August 2013, 18:33)Mooski88 Wrote: Just got a new SOG knife. And I'm in love with it! Best knife I have owned.

On the highland meet at the moment and other half has made Ken Eames a knife. And just trying this to see that my message gets through.

.....and a work of art it is too,..... welcome back

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 27 August 2013

(24 August 2013, 18:39)bigpaul Wrote: i'm very impressed with the skeleton knife I traded BM for, I've just fitted it with a neck cord for easy access!Angel

Aye, Smith & Wesson rescue knife, not too bad. All S&W knives seem to come out of the factory completely blunt though

RE: What have done towards your prep? - DWA - 27 August 2013

bought more tinned foods, rice, pastas, lentils etc. more water, 2 radios, batteries, torches, candles, fuel and most importantly I've now told my eldest about my stores, showed her where the keys are stashed, how to use the generator, and what to do if tshtf. she's at the age now where she won't blab to all her pals. she's always been a bit of a worrier and was concerned how she would react but she thinks this is great. she has suggested we get more food stored for granny and granddad though!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 27 August 2013

Got more fuel , had to buy new computor, made blackberry jelly'appricot jam, and more blackcurrant jelly found in bottom of freezer planted spuds for xmas,,dehydrator on the go with my cucs ,clearing out my sheds and garage plcking loads of beans and freezing

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 27 August 2013

Checking maps for the second Dartmoor camping session and Orienteering!!! It's look good at the moment. Again, nothing too hardcore, but there will be 'tasks' at the stop-points at some of the grid coordinates! Just to get people testing their survival skills, and showing people what they know as well as what they need to learn better.

Trust me, if you can make it to this trip, you'll be VERY happy you did.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 27 August 2013

Some of the suggested books arrived from good old ebay today...never really thought about going herbal but i spose the meds will run out fairly quickly it looks very interesting.