Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Lightspeed - 18 September 2013

(18 September 2013, 13:47)Binnie Wrote: managed to convince TPTB to buy UV5R+'s instead of Motorola CP040 for comms at work

£180 for 1x Motorola, or £110 for 4x UV5R+'s.

Used CHIRP to lock out most of the funtions, except the business freqs we use.

now have 4x in service in various environments, more to follow if it's a successful trial!

Cool Binnie.

Please let us know how they hold up to the rough and tough of the working environment....that'll be a good indication of how good they'll be in long term emergency use.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Binnie - 18 September 2013

Will do, they've been spread out around the place, one will at one point get dunked, its an absolute certainty!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 18 September 2013

Chicken run finished this morning , collected 6 black rocks and they are in the new enclosure including little kevin a bantam cock .....little bastard went for me three times .......I think he's doing drugs.....renaming him nasty kevin

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 18 September 2013

Had a most successful day today. Will be getting a ladder tomorrow to start sorting the loft.

Today's a very successful day because I have managed to get 2 brilliant books, as well as a new supplier of food stuff for my vegetarian wife. Who knew they made vegetarian jerky?!?!

More importantly, had some REALLY deep conversation with the wife about prepping. She's much more on board and keen on the idea. Still not 100%, but she's much more supportive of the whole thing!!! SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - River Song - 18 September 2013

2KG of Green Coffee Beans (Oh Bliss)

Also OH,having got worried about power and asking about the ramifications,
started asking about toilets and sanitation. ..... we progress ..

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 19 September 2013

Spent the morning reading my St John's ambulance comprehensive first aid book(in work as it was fairly quiet)boy thing's have changed in the 20+ years since i last practiced first aid.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Highlander - 19 September 2013

I have a very good St Johns Ambulance app on my phone that I would recommend

RE: What have done towards your prep? - River Song - 20 September 2013

Several pairs of thermal underwear - (Why dont they make sexy thermals?)

Garage Lock

Monocular

Front and back door bars

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 20 September 2013

survival tin with contents, went straight into the survival bag I keep permanently in the car.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 20 September 2013

(20 September 2013, 11:20)River Song Wrote: Several pairs of thermal underwear - (Why dont they make sexy thermals?)

Garage Lock

Monocular

Front and back door bars

If they were sexy chances are they wouldn't stay on very long therefore failing there primary role ofkeeping you warmAngel

(19 September 2013, 19:36)Highlander Wrote: I have a very good St Johns Ambulance app on my phone that I would recommend

My Nokia is so old i swear its steam powered!