Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - 00111001 - 16 April 2012

Had a bumper weekend for preps - added to my cans etc, got a new saw, camping toilet, new shelving unit for the supply room and some other bits an pieces. Was a good weekend, even if it was very expensive

RE: What have done towards your prep? - uks - 16 April 2012

Hi P.G.
http://scone-recipes.com/fruit_scones_recipe.htm

This is the recipes i use

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 17 April 2012

Yesterday my prep was one of the most important but also the most BORING!!!

Yesterday I built a budget. Oh the excitement! Haha

As you could tell, I wasn't posting online much because I was busy crunching numbers.

If you've not got a budget, get one! It'll help so much of your life.

Budget includes:
Gym membership (oh yeah! Time to get bigger!)
1 tray of chicken breast a week (deal with a local butcher)
Sellable items (extra coin off eBay)
Scythe13's Activities (indoor climbing, MMA, and Kayaking)
Savings
Debt payment (student loans suck! The bank of M&D sucks too)
A few other things like food and diesel.
Then....PREPS!!!!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - 00111001 - 18 April 2012

Got a bit carried away with myself yesterday. In anticipation of my weekend in the woods I bought a DD travel hammock, hammock sleeve and the whoopie system, and some other bits an bobs.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 18 April 2012

Today I have signed up to a new gym!!!

All the machines are Nautilus or Hammer Strength (in my opinion, the GREATEST gym machines EVER!!!!!! It's probably not opinion, it could actually be a fact!!! haha). So that's me sorted and happy as can be!!!!!!!!

Had a wonderful gym session, which is really helping with another prep I have....my positive attitude! Having just been through some stuff (thank you all for the masses of support and love) and my attitude was weakening and I was getting really down, but because of everyone coming together, I managed to pull round pretty well. But....not that I'm in the gym.....HEAVEN!!! I love the gym too much. But that's also heightening my spirits.

Diet is now Chicken Breast, and Chicken Breast, and more Chicken Breast!!!! Getting back to pure healthy food!!!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - grumpy old man - 19 April 2012

installed a wood burner in my lock up made from a gas bottle
siles all round
will post a picture when i take one

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 20 April 2012

Today has been a very busy day already. Even prep-wise, it's been pretty good.

Well, I'm managing to save money by making friends with the local butcher and buying a whole tray of Chichen Breast for £23.00, which is a saving of around £12.00 now in my bank. Moreover, I am happier to be enjoying the knowledge that my diet will be 10 times healthier and I'm going to be big and shredded for Summer!!!

Also, I've started to relearn the ancient student art of cutting your own hair. I used to be REALLY good at it (no joke, everyone thought I lied and actually went to a barber shop......after the first year of practice), and oddly enough, I've done a pretty damn good job today as well. So that's another £8.00 in my pocket. However, I'm now adding different scissors to my bags/kits, so that kind of changes my finances for this month (stupid non-free-scissors).

Furthermore, I have taken the rest of my day tidying up and sorting out. Room is tidy and all tools/blades are much more readily available.

Happy times!

Oh yeah, and I'm training daily which is always great fun!!!
Oh yeah, and 6 disposable lighters for £1.00 from Poundland. Let there be fire!!! Speaking of which, I've also rammed a load of cotton wool balls into small money bags from the bank, to help with my fire lighting.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Neuralsandwich - 21 April 2012

All my prep is mainly planning.
Planning my BOB and EDC.

Started archery, new fitness regime and got foraging books for edible plants in Britian.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - uks - 21 April 2012

(21 April 2012, 11:14)Neuralsandwich Wrote: All my prep is mainly planning.
Planning my BOB and EDC.

Started archery, new fitness regime and got foraging books for edible plants in Britian.

(21 April 2012, 17:26)uks Wrote:
(21 April 2012, 11:14)Neuralsandwich Wrote: All my prep is mainly planning.
Planning my BOB and EDC.

All the detail is in the planning

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 21 April 2012

ordered 2 new pairs of walking boots to add to my stores.