Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 24 September 2013

Blitzed E bay for my last few bits regarding water , got some 25 ltr and some 1 ltr sterilising tabs , coule of swedish firesteels as i can only find one in my camping kit and ordered 6 25ltr food grade stackable water containers for pick up on friday.Shy

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Lightspeed - 24 September 2013

Ha! S13 would be proud of me....

I just moved out of the house the decommissioned wood burning range... the brute is more than 60% greater than my body weight and I managed to move it alone, without machines to assistance.

Nothing broken either ( in me that is!!!) and no bulges in the belly that weren't there before...

Next to move the new unit in. Its almost identical weight to the old one, but this time its got to be lifted up the door steps....This is a bit more of a challenge, and requires some thought.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - TOF - 24 September 2013

(24 September 2013, 12:55)Lightspeed Wrote: Ha! S13 would be proud of me....

I just moved out of the house the decommissioned wood burning range... the brute is more than 60% greater than my body weight and I managed to move it alone, without machines to assistance.

Nothing broken either ( in me that is!!!) and no bulges in the belly that weren't there before...

Next to move the new unit in. Its almost identical weight to the old one, but this time its got to be lifted up the door steps....This is a bit more of a challenge, and requires some thought.

Psst, do as the Egyptians did and roll it in using logs and a seesaw.

(24 September 2013, 16:14)TOF Wrote:
(24 September 2013, 12:55)Lightspeed Wrote: Ha! S13 would be proud of me....

Psst, do as the Egyptians did and roll it in using logs and a seesaw.

Its getting the new one up three large granite steps that's exercising my thoughts TOF......but your idea is good.....just a matter of finding half a dozen Nubian slaves to go with it and I'll be sorted! :-)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 24 September 2013

just ordered a spoke shave and a scraper so that I can start making my own bows in future, got some spools of thread at the weekend to try making bow strings with.

I got a crossbow at the car boot last weekend but the prod snapped on me! oh well, it only cost me £40...back to the longbows!Big Grin

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Kiril - 24 September 2013

Well, I'm signing up to St John's Ambulance.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - River Song - 24 September 2013

i Cant find any nubian slaves on ebay. They seem as rare as vestal virgins in Norwich

(24 September 2013, 17:50)River Song Wrote: i Cant find any nubian slaves on ebay. They seem as rare as vestal virgins in Norwich

That's why JC isn't an East -Anglian RS, ......

......No Virgins

......No wise men

Not too many Nubians either, and those that are there are our on the fields pulling beet.

...as for wise Nubian Virgins, I haven't ever seen one in EA

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 25 September 2013

LS, you're a beast mate!!! Great work.

Proud and jealous of you.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Lightspeed - 25 September 2013

(25 September 2013, 09:06)Scythe13 Wrote: LS, you're a beast mate!!! Great work.

Proud and jealous of you.

Bloody stupid moving it on my own when I think about it, but it was the sort of dumb challenge that I can't resist and which will one day turn around and bite me!

I'm now searching for Nubians to lend a hand at the weekend, as per TOF's suggestion.