Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - MaryN - 3 October 2013

It's garden day today. The haricot beans have gone over so I've been taking up the old plants and selecting the best pods to save for next year's seed. Only the biggest and fattest get through. Checked my larder out and added a few more items to the shopping list.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 4 October 2013

Stripped out the toms from top greenhouse ,ready for wifey's plants to winter. Planted poly tunnel with onions, cabbage and kale , logged some oak and split. Cleaned out bottom green house. Still picking loads of runner beans great crop this year, more tins. Corned beef, sausage,spam, bacon grill, chopped tomatoes , sowing set ,vinigar,salt and some seeds. Going to a boot sale Sunday , little kevin has stopped harrassing me.......spect its because he's busy with the new hens .....who are now starting to lay. Starting on the bottom shed next for the quales......never a dull moment here.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - MaryN - 4 October 2013

Wow, S! You have been busy. I shall be moving into your garden shortly; it sounds like a nice place to settle.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Skean Dhude - 4 October 2013

Just bough a complete bee set up, minus the bees though, ready for population next year.

Taken down the old shed and starting to build a more solid version.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - uks - 5 October 2013

Just finished processing my first pig 97 kilos dead weight. Made 17 k of bacon, 3 ham plus a whole leg for air dried ham, 8 k of sausages, several roasting joints and mincemeat.
Made 6 jars of pickled quails eggs.
Today, Saturday will be spent in the garden and allotment removing old plants, collecting seed and harvesting any remaining fruit or veg. Turning over the ground before replanting with winter crops.
Sunday will be pressing about 75-80 kilos of apples for cider with the local smallholders club, should produce about 30-35 litres of cider

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 5 October 2013

Yes mary it is a nice place, but I never talk about the bad and untidy bits, but as I sit here on my table and gaze over the valley and watch the horses graze on good pasture ....take a sip of coffee , I always remember the first time I saw this place.....fell head over heels in love and after thirty odd years I still love the place, gardening is not hard work its a pleasure, a way of life long gone for many ....a simple life after a lifetime of work and going for the money only to find the none importance of money ..... as these thoughts fill my head ..... I tinker away with this and that I realize my good fortune and give thanks to who ever created all of this, you now have my permition to to vommit uncontrolabley

RE: What have done towards your prep? - uks - 5 October 2013

As they say money is the root of all evil.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Skean Dhude - 5 October 2013

Money is just a tool. It is envy that is the root of all evil.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 5 October 2013

Technically the full quote is "The love of money is the route of all evil." Which means having a love for the wrong thing. It's in the Bible. When people say "Money is the route of all evil" it is just a misquote. That's like saying "Coins are the route of all evil" or "£5 notes are the route of all evil." As an expression it just doesn't make sense.

Anyway, todays preps....more garden stuff because the wife was feeling unwell and being in the loft would have gotten my butt kicked.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 6 October 2013

Got some nice tools his moning at a boot sale, stanley brace, whs bricking trowel, and real old english axe 8 quid the lot! ..there were two solar breif cases there for 30 quid but looked sh.t so I left those. .....if you ever need cudley toys come to south wales .....they are all down here! .