Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 8 October 2013

(8 October 2013, 13:50)bigpaul Wrote:
(8 October 2013, 13:43)Scythe13 Wrote:
(8 October 2013, 13:20)bigpaul Wrote: I've got news for you Scythe, a 25 litre drum only holds-wait for it....25 LITRES!!Big GrinBig Grin
But it can hold that amount many times over :-)
depending on if you have somewhere to get supplies from??

even if you have, that 25 litre drum will only ever hold 25 litre's, you need more than one-don't want to rain on your parade- but 25 litres will last you and "her indoors" what....3 days maximum probably.

We have plenty more than just the new 25litre bottle mate. This is another 25 litres on top of our current storage and capabilities. Also we have MANY places we can use to get extra water.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 8 October 2013

(8 October 2013, 14:03)Scythe13 Wrote:
(8 October 2013, 13:50)bigpaul Wrote:
(8 October 2013, 13:43)Scythe13 Wrote:
(8 October 2013, 13:20)bigpaul Wrote: I've got news for you Scythe, a 25 litre drum only holds-wait for it....25 LITRES!!Big GrinBig Grin
But it can hold that amount many times over :-)
depending on if you have somewhere to get supplies from??

even if you have, that 25 litre drum will only ever hold 25 litre's, you need more than one-don't want to rain on your parade- but 25 litres will last you and "her indoors" what....3 days maximum probably.

We have plenty more than just the new 25litre bottle mate. This is another 25 litres on top of our current storage and capabilities. Also we have MANY places we can use to get extra water.

well good for you, only the way you worded it it sounded like this was the first ever delivery of any water storage.

(8 October 2013, 14:09)bigpaul Wrote: well good for you, only the way you worded it it sounded like this was the first ever delivery of any water storage.

Come on mate, you should know me well enough to know I've got a lot of water. This bottle is just something I've been waiting for. Now that it's here, I'm pleased. That's all.

(8 October 2013, 14:22)Scythe13 Wrote:
(8 October 2013, 14:09)bigpaul Wrote: well good for you, only the way you worded it it sounded like this was the first ever delivery of any water storage.

Come on mate, you should know me well enough to know I've got a lot of water. This bottle is just something I've been waiting for. Now that it's here, I'm pleased. That's all.

I once put an offer on 4- 25litre water containers in the auction here, heard nothing so I thought I hadn't got them, bought 2 more from somewhere else, then blow me down the next WEEK I got a phone call from the auction saying I had won them!!!

Nice! Got any going spare? haha

(8 October 2013, 14:37)Scythe13 Wrote: Nice! Got any going spare? haha

nope, where do you think i'm going to store OUR water???Big GrinBig Grin

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 8 October 2013

got my mojoe back today ...chomping on the bit, starting on my sled and foot operated grinder this week going to learn how to post pics and post on here ....get the f..k out of my way you lot.....lol

These ideas came from S13 and UKS thank you both ss

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 8 October 2013

yay its new credit card statement day today...this months £100 available today so with power cuts being muted then i have splashed out on a UCO original lantern in brass and ten packs of uco long burn candles.. a neoprene case for the lamp 100ft of paracord a twin pack of aquamira straws for the bob's and a collins gem wild food book.....looking forward to postie coming now Smile

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 10 October 2013

(8 October 2013, 21:50)Straight Shooter Wrote: got my mojoe back today ...chomping on the bit, starting on my sled and foot operated grinder this week going to learn how to post pics and post on here ....get the f..k out of my way you lot.....lol

These ideas came from S13 and UKS thank you both ss

It's all about that Mojo mate! When there's a train heading straight at you, the best thing to do is move out it's way. Prepping like a beast!!!

Okay, on to my less impressive preps, I've built 2 little candle heaters, you know the plant pot and metal washer ones? EPIC FAIL!!! Wife said they didn't work at all (I was out at work). Back to the drawing board.

Should probably mention, they only take a few minutes to make.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Lightspeed - 10 October 2013

This week we have:

Fitted second skylight/ access hatch/ observation window to the rear aspect of the house. Excellent vantage point, and far improved surveillance of the hillside behind us.

Main chimney re-pointed and re-flashed.

Built a new soak away for grey water.

Fitted a CO detector in room containing the wood fired cooking range

Purchased bee-keeping manual

Purchased sundry connectors for this autumn's Photo-electric project

Purchased two more paraffin lamps, and more paraffin ( thanks for reminder SS)