Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 20 October 2013

(20 October 2013, 11:55)Straight Shooter Wrote: Will do S13 ....little trial already and good results.

That's awesome mate. Can't wait to see the review.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Geordie_Rob - 20 October 2013

Talked my mrs into letting me apply for a shotgun licence. Already spoke to firearms plod & my previous brush (or brushes) with the law shouldn't go against me he said. I've now got to attend a couple of clay pigeon club shoots at £50 a pop though to keep the wife thinking that's why I really want them. And save up for a separate safe for the cartridges to stop the kids playing with them.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Sunna - 20 October 2013

just wood choping today, might go scrumping later spotted a cracking apple tree...

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 20 October 2013

(20 October 2013, 14:01)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Talked my mrs into letting me apply for a shotgun licence. Already spoke to firearms plod & my previous brush (or brushes) with the law shouldn't go against me he said. I've now got to attend a couple of clay pigeon club shoots at £50 a pop though to keep the wife thinking that's why I really want them. And save up for a separate safe for the cartridges to stop the kids playing with them.

Rob theres no legal requirement to keep cartridges in a locked cabinet(good practice though) I tend to put mine in with the gun's it's only fac's that require separate cabinets.

(20 October 2013, 15:43)Midnitemo Wrote:
(20 October 2013, 14:01)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Talked my mrs into letting me apply for a shotgun licence. Already spoke to firearms plod & my previous brush (or brushes) with the law shouldn't go against me he said. I've now got to attend a couple of clay pigeon club shoots at £50 a pop though to keep the wife thinking that's why I really want them. And save up for a separate safe for the cartridges to stop the kids playing with them.

Rob theres no legal requirement to keep cartridges in a locked cabinet(good practice though) I tend to put mine in with the gun's it's only fac's that require separate cabinets.

It's the wife's terms & conditions but cheers for taking the time to advise anyway.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 20 October 2013

(20 October 2013, 15:45)Geordie_Rob Wrote:

It's the wife's terms & conditions but cheers for taking the time to advise anyway.

Its better safe than sorry....£50 to shoot sounds a bit stiff though mate....I shoot as a guest with my local club and its £15 for a 50 bird shoot and £10 for 50 of the clubs cartridges.....you might want to look for another club or a private shooting ground.

(20 October 2013, 15:51)Midnitemo Wrote:
(20 October 2013, 15:45)Geordie_Rob Wrote:

Its better safe than sorry....£50 to shoot sounds a bit stiff though mate....I shoot as a guest with my local club and its £15 for a 50 bird shoot and £10 for 50 of the clubs cartridges.....you might want to look for another club or a private shooting ground.

I've pm'd you mate

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 20 October 2013

Been having a tidy up over the man shed getting ready for winter , I am lucky there's a salvage yard not to far away so off there to pick up bits of wood and ply ready to make some stuff for my prepps.....bit of work next week WOW! Will go nuts come pay day......hold me down.! Man

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Tibbs735 - 21 October 2013

Bought a Yamaha Townmate (T80.) It's a 1991 model, kickstart, 80mpg, around 80kph top speed. I'm going to fit some panniers to it as well. Going through all my stored preps and refreshing stuff, just reorganising in general. Making a bug out bag today, also I'm trying intermittent fasting (going well so far!)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 21 October 2013

(21 October 2013, 09:20)Tibbs735 Wrote: Bought a Yamaha Townmate (T80.) It's a 1991 model, kickstart, 80mpg, around 80kph top speed. I'm going to fit some panniers to it as well. Going through all my stored preps and refreshing stuff, just reorganising in general. Making a bug out bag today, also I'm trying intermittent fasting (going well so far!)

T80 is a great runabout...had a couple of decent advantages over the Honda cub...shaft drive and that all important 4th gear,yamaha should have sold millions of em dunno why they didn't...does it run without a battery? be really good if it did!