Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 26 November 2013

After swapping my crossbow for a night vision scope I decided that I quite fancied another one. Looked around for a bit and couldn't find anything that took my fancy. Disappointed I logged onto BCUK to find someone selling one of these

Well, for £80 I couldn't say no. If it's shit then hey-ho, no huge loss.

I only really wanted it to see how it deals with the ball bearings.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 26 November 2013

one thing that REALLY puts me off crossbows is cocking the thing, don't want to put my back out like I certain person did do I?? and again its a single shot weapon not much good if you have multiple "targets"!Big Grin

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 26 November 2013

(26 November 2013, 13:07)bigpaul Wrote: one thing that REALLY puts me off crossbows is cocking the thing, don't want to put my back out like I certain person did do I?? and again its a single shot weapon not much good if you have multiple "targets"!Big Grin

Ah, tis only a toy really mate. Be alright to take pigeon with I suppose, if you had it loaded and ready to go, but apart from that it has no real use.

And you don't need to be a r'tard and put your back out, paracord and a couple of improvised handles will save that.

Oh yeah, the offer we put in on a house has been accepted!!
Few things to sort out with solicitors and mortgage people but we're moving house, again.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 26 November 2013

the crossbow was just a personal opinion-i'm sure you'll enjoy your new toy. good news about the house, pity your moving AGAIN(send me an email you've got the new one).

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 26 November 2013

i love postie...new snow shovels came today , there good but not brilliant , not sure they were worth £30 the pair but they do pack down small enough to fit in my bike panniers...here's hoping for a decent covering of snow to try em out at the dragon rally.....the Muckboots came last week, now they are awesome and worth every penny.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - uks - 27 November 2013

3 X hurricane lamps turned up today plus fuel.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 27 November 2013

I love Chinese friends! New soft shell jacket, cool olive colour, for Xmas!!! Loving it!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 30 November 2013

Weekend away from the wife...Time to start those sneaky preps! Did someone say loft load-up?

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 1 December 2013

Been very busy for the last 8 weeks, been to Warminster to pick up some kit, bit later did the same but up in Edinburgh, put up a PMR4456 /70CM antenna in my loft and got a few more Baofeng radios, refitted the kitchen and ended up with a 30 % increase in storage space. And over the few few weeks I've been relocating caches and stores to a new location I've rented up the dales.
Ordered BE READY and OFF-GRID glossy mags from the US, did a few hours shooting with the bows, did a snippet of research for SD and had SD and a few other preppers over at different times. Bought then sold a Yuasu HAM Transciever and made £50 profit. Currently in the middle of refitting my little Wagon R to better carry kit and supplies. Its actually been refreshing and fullfilling knuckling down and getting on with various projects now I'm the black sheep of the online prepping community. Now getting ready for Crimbo and playing with my new TD bow.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 1 December 2013

refitting your wagon r ? many moons ago i had an agila 1.0 ltr as my second car , father inlaw has one currently , i remember it being a tardis inside...just wondering what you are doing to improve it?