Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Skean Dhude - 25 March 2014

SS, Sounds positive. Glad you got through it OK.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 25 March 2014

Thank you for that SD.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 26 March 2014

Today's prep was a bit odd.

Spent my lunch break, just in the office garden, firing off .177 pellets at bits of stationary.

On a similar note, my scope is now zeroed in perfect for busting rabbits at 20 meters....mildot scope means I can happily go out to around 35 meters.

Probably should mention that my colleagues are pretty awesome and came out to shoot with me, well some of them did. But when I walked in, most people were just excited to see my new air rifle and some asked if they could come ratting next time I went out.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - preservefreak - 27 March 2014

Had a delivery today of 2 new Berkefield filters and some 20l rigid plastic water containers to fill and add to storage.

The last few days I've been wandering around the nearby charity shops. A lot of them are clearing space for spring and summer stock so I got 4 double 100% wool blankets for 50p each and 2 100% wool jumpers for £1 each. I also picked up a pair of walking boots in my size that look like they've never been worn so I will be breaking those in over the next few weeks.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 27 March 2014

I've been having a baby, not prep related really - but it does mean I get to stock up on more things.

I've been trying, somewhat unsuccessfully, to curtail my rampant purchasing.

Bought a pair of vibram fivefingers (cause Scythe keeps banging on about 'em Big Grin ) - I can see why now! Exceedingly comfortable, even if they do look a bit weird. Stuff them in my bag, now I can wear normal shoes to work (when I buy some) instead of my combat boots, and still have sensible, comfortable footwear with me at all times. Need to pick up another pair or two, and maybe one for the missus.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 27 March 2014

(27 March 2014, 17:47)BeardyMan Wrote: I've been having a baby, not prep related really - but it does mean I get to stock up on more things.

I've been trying, somewhat unsuccessfully, to curtail my rampant purchasing.

Bought a pair of vibram fivefingers (cause Scythe keeps banging on about 'em Big Grin ) - I can see why now! Exceedingly comfortable, even if they do look a bit weird. Stuff them in my bag, now I can wear normal shoes to work (when I buy some) instead of my combat boots, and still have sensible, comfortable footwear with me at all times. Need to pick up another pair or two, and maybe one for the missus.

Welcome to the dark side!

Give me a call. I have a friend that works in the factory that gets them for me cheaper! You should know that by now.

Right, on to my preps...nothing! Haha, how's that for opsec? I'm kidding. As SD and LS know, I have some 'interesting' projects going on at the moment with some major testing going on. Once it's all complete, I'll be writing up for the main site. I'm getting 1 more 'item' in, and then I'll be running a small seminar section next time there's a NorthWest meet. Might just pop up and show SD some time soon anyway.

If you have technical knowhow, this project is awesome!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 28 March 2014

PF just a tip mate, last year we bought four " wool" blankets on offer from a charity shop we used em for various jobs and come autumn decided to fresh em up by giving them a 30 minute machine wash ( no they did not shrink) .

After about 20 minutes there was this noise and smell coming from the washer that was unearthly, the blankets had erm............... moulted for want of a better word, the washer drum, pipes, traps outlets, pump , sump etc was clogged so solid by shed wool that also expanded that the machine was clogged right up to the soap dispenser, it cost us £75 to get it unblocked and fixed. So be careful with cheap imports of kit.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 28 March 2014

off out to my local range to pop of a few rounds and hopefully sign up and start my probationary period.....Big Grin....hello being permanently skint goodbye any spare cash.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 29 March 2014

Well thats it i'm officially back shooting...4 passport photo's done form filled cheque signed and referee's sorted....enjoyed an underlever action comp and the same course of fire with rimfire and a few rounds with a down loaded mauser.....well and truly reeled back inBig Grin

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Tartar Horde - 31 March 2014

Have fitted horn nocks and tanged points to 50 bamboo arrows, varnished and ready for fletchings.