Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 31 March 2014

ordered some reloading gear...shooting again tommorrow...tues&fri's action/underlever/rimfire night's ... indoor range heated with etr's can't wait...club also does archery so i shall be having a go at that tooBig Grin

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 7 April 2014

General preps from supermarket (now that I have more room for tins)

Serviced the truck. Well, I say service, I changed all filters and the oil. I changed the belts a few months ago.
Refitted new fog light. Snapped new fog light bracket. cobbled together fix for new fog light.
Truck still works, and runs even better than it did before Smile

Picked up a respro mask

Arranged an archery session with Mac, and a couple of bug out test runs.

Convinced the wife to let me out to play over night Big Grin

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 7 April 2014

You'll enjoy the archery with MC. I found shooting competition style (I'm used to target and site/aim point) and shooting without a site and without accurate distance perception, to be HUGELY different from what I was used to! The variation is huge! Really wasn't expecting it to be that much.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 7 April 2014

(7 April 2014, 14:38)Scythe13 Wrote: You'll enjoy the archery with MC. I found shooting competition style (I'm used to target and site/aim point) and shooting without a site and without accurate distance perception, to be HUGELY different from what I was used to! The variation is huge! Really wasn't expecting it to be that much.

Yeah, sounds like it's going to be a giggle. I think it's HFT too, which is much more my thing. Shooting at the same stationary target, the same distance away, every time, get boring really quickly. As far as I'm aware, this is based in a woodlands, so always a good spot to visit too.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 7 April 2014

(7 April 2014, 14:48)BeardyMan Wrote: Yeah, sounds like it's going to be a giggle. I think it's HFT too, which is much more my thing. Shooting at the same stationary target, the same distance away, every time, get boring really quickly. As far as I'm aware, this is based in a woodlands, so always a good spot to visit too.

Range finding in the woods is totally different from the wide open! I really need to get back into the woods for range based stuff. I'm going to get an electronic range finder and spend some time in the woods picking out things and working out the distance, then checking on the range finder. Practice makes perfect. The worse part (in my experience as a kid at least) distance calculating from inside the woods to a target in a clearing! Totally screws everything up. Let's not even mention distances where the ground is not flat.

A vital skill when hunting with a rifle or bow.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 7 April 2014

for distances upto 50m i just estimate then pace it off...am pretty good upto 50m now......if your not sure of the shot stalk up a bit closer , if the animal/bird fly's or goes to ground then you obviously need the practice!....hunting with the air rifle made me so much better as the big W hk80 is a single shot with no chance of a follow up...it was get good good at stalking or go hungry(also i bought a .22 but if i had my time again i would go .177 for its flatter shooting)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 15 April 2014

Today's preps, popping to South Wales to see a friend and then maybe sneak a quick Asda shop of around £100.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 17 April 2014

Ordered 2 walking poles today...lowest point in my life.....ever! haha

RE: What have done towards your prep? - TOF - 17 April 2014

Yep, I've got one. It extends from 30cm to 145cm. Now I reckon, if you put one of those joint thingies in the top that you can screw items into(I'm a girl, I can't do technical) you could have something that's a walking stick, tent/basha pole, and on removing the handle a universal screw joint to take a camera, rod rest, or whatever else you can think of.

Pook! Reply in wrong thread.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Binnie - 18 April 2014

Have purchased a 4x mag lens for my night vision monocular, the 2x one it came with is ok for walking about and general use, but no use for spotting anything further away.

also working on a few comms things as inspired by LS's posts