Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 17 August 2014

Nice one BOB .....I,m off up the pallet yard with s I law next weekend will fill trailer 3 loads with scrap offcuts ....they even load us with folklift.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Carnebwen - 17 August 2014

picked up half a dozen or so single use packaged and sterile hypodermic needles for med kit in bob/home first aid box.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 25 August 2014

Made 25 storeage boxes to hold root veg, fitted new head on bitchy, picked up patio slabs put in new drainage relaid slabs .......water getting into my underground store...... made a small start on checking my food preps......found some tins leaking stuff , not happy, but there you go , christmas patoes....blight what a bummer .... 2 ton of coal delivered .....hot dogs for supper boys......quoted from Twin Town the movie-.....if you have not seen this film your very sad..

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 29 August 2014

Visited an old buddy the other day.....he was emptying his oil tank....just switched to multifuel wood range, he lives on a small holding and has bought a woodland next door.... lucky bugger ......by the time we were chatting away the forty five gallon drum was about full....he then tips in a gallon of engine oil ...then fills the drum to the top with the rest of the heating oil ...or kerosene.......and said that's my fuel sorted for a month.... you must add the one gallon of oil to the full drum see butty or you can cause damage to a disel engine .....and half the price see......... THAT is breaking the law I said....you are a very very naughty boy ! And anyone who reads this I will advice you NOT to follow this example its not right and is against the law.....Struth .....what some people get up to is beyond me.,

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 2 September 2014

fired up bitchy .....purrring like a good un.....had trouble with fuel at first but sorted now, MOT next ...well pleased with the beast .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 7 September 2014

Mot on bitchy booked in, more honey,salt,spag,tins and more tins ,making plumb jam right now,picked some sloes today for sloe gin ....elderberries wll be ready soon for some wine, way way behind on firewood stores.....the worse ever, but getting there , need to box in hot water cylinder down garage where I fitted the rayburn and fit one more rad then its all sotred. Bought six months supply chicken feeds , getting out on the ground in the next few weeks to sort that lot out .....will be busy.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 8 September 2014

postie just delivered the last few bits for my next cache...couple of mora knives 1 heavy duty and 1 standard(wondering if I should have gotten the stainless standard instead of the carbon steel one seeing as its going in the ground)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Sunna - 8 September 2014

chopped kindleing for my hobo and main fire , picked the biggest fattest toms for next years seed , checked them over for that blight that mrs c of difo told us about still seem ok.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Devonian - 8 September 2014

(8 September 2014, 11:00)Midnitemo Wrote: postie just delivered the last few bits for my next cache...couple of mora knives 1 heavy duty and 1 standard(wondering if I should have gotten the stainless standard instead of the carbon steel one seeing as its going in the ground)

Just coat the knife blades in oil and then wrap the oiled blades in cling film and they will be good to go when you need them.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 24 September 2014

Just done two twelve hour shifts of o/time to pay for a pair of scopes for my impending new arrivals
.....whilst at work I've reconfigured my GHB bag to winter mode.