Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 9 November 2014

Bit of a disaster , damp patches on wall and ceiling in my store room, on investigation i found that mice had nibbled through two plastic pushfit stopends hence the leak, so sorted that with copper fittings, one of the joys of living in the country, put poison down two days later mouse n chips. Not done much with raised beds yet bloody rain, checking all the vehicles again this week , put new battery on car , will need one for the new bitchy, .....cleaning the drive of leaves then jet wash the lot before the snow comes this must be done this week, i need more firewood been slacking on that front. oh and cleaned the chimney this week, and fired up the rayburn down the music room......received bollocking from wifey for not using the oven to bake something....like what ! i said......the list was endless of stuff in the freezer ready to cook or bake off .....i fell silent at this point....and beat the retreat like any sane man would do.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 16 November 2014

Down the market today, looking for shallots for pickling,picked up a sack for a fiver, looked on you tube to check a recipe which i used a few years back...a refresher if you like, done this guys way is the best you will ever taste,

peel onions
place these in a sterilized jar fill to the top
fill with water and swill out do this twice
fill with water and add teaspoon sugar
put top back on jar give a shake and leave for 24 hours

remove cap drain the water
rinse out with clean water twice
fill jar two thirds full of malt vinegar
add some pickling spice fill up with water right to the top
if a metal top cut a bit of polythene bag
place this over the top and fit the metal cap.

ready to munch in 4 weeks....sheer perfection
guess what is on tonight for SS ....but worth the effort

TRY....ENJOY !

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Stewart - 16 November 2014

Chop up some hot chillies and put them in.bloody gorgeous.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 25 November 2014

Well i made thirteen jars of pickled shallots, racked off the sloe gin, was going to rack off the elderberry wine but not enough bottles, bought two new batteries for the bitchy, had a good sort out over the big garage...reorganized the machines and stocking areas ready for projects on these dark cold winter nights....checked the wood stove....snapped the door...hinges ceased...repaired that pronto ....you must have coffee....fired it up ...works fine. Going to fire up the lister that drives the corn grinder in the next day or two....been missing my table over looking the valley...put away now till spring....making do with my chair next to the wood stove in the lounge and the window sill for a table its warm and cosy as i look over the valley and drift off.......to waken to the sound of wifey " get some more fire wood in ! " then its off again to the garden to do a bit more, with a farewell from wifey " don,t forget your boots live in the porch sweetie" yes right ! my little chicken !!!!!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 28 November 2014

Made myself a batch of .38spl's for shooting tonight...glad it's the club gun i'll be putting them through and not one of mine lol....been a long time since I've built ammo but it was strangely therapeutic and relaxing...ppu brass /cci 500 small pistol primers/4.2 grain's (.7cc)imr trail boss under a 158grn lrn bullet......wish me luck.....I loaded as if I was without facilities ie after an event using a hand press and no extra aids or automation.....took 2 hrs start to finish beginning with 100 once fired cases...ending with 100 low power .38spl's.....used a dipper instead of weighing the charge as it's more suitable for on the hoof manufacturing...hoping for somewhere between 700 and 740 fps ....will be purchasing a lee loader for one of my cache's just as back up.

oops it's 3.2 grain's of trail boss that equals .7cc not 4.2 soz wouldn't want anybody overcharging there cartridge on my say so Blush 4.2 is the max charge on this combination

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 28 November 2014

Makes my pickled shallots pale into insignificant,s Midnitemo

hey mate I think your shallots are just as important a prep, main thing is were doing something towards our goals and not just talking bout stuff.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 28 November 2014

just been out and bought a fully automatic assault systems shallot dispenser Smile

Straight Shooter
""Makes my pickled shallots pale into insignificant,s Midnitemo""

Doesn't pickling your shallots hurt Smile

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 28 November 2014

If its the one from ARGOS NR they are shit ! they jamb after ten rounds, i have found......after extensive trials ....in the field ....HALFORDS make the best....single shot , semi and full auto....is yet to fail me ....yes the SHALLOTODROPER is the business.....on offer right now ....with spare mag.

P.S. no NR this does not hurt.....if you do it gentle like........many years ago now did have a similar problem with a lass called Pamela.....gently i said .....not tugging ...like your starting a f...... two and a half bag cement mixer.