Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 6 February 2015

loaded up ready for my annual winter night under canvas...the dragon rally....get to test a load of bug out gear!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 26 February 2015

Hoping to pick up two more chickens at the weekend to go with the two chickens and the rooster we have now. There are Silkies for sale round the corner, but I don't think they lay enough eggs. Although I could get the silkies then get two more POL birds too.

For some reason the rooster doesn't like my little boy, every time he goes near him he fluffs up his feathers and starts flapping his wings. Looks like he's going to attack! If Winston spots him kicking off then it's not going to end well for Harry Rooster...

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Tartar Horde - 26 February 2015

Quite right BM, only one Cock in the yard mate and he's got to learn it aint him. Show him a prepared Chicken that'll calm him down.

(26 February 2015, 10:49)Tartar Horde Wrote: Quite right BM, only one Cock in the yard mate and he's got to learn it aint him. Show him a prepared Chicken that'll calm him down.

If he gets too full of himself then we'll eat him. In a stew obviously, cause I think he'd be a bit chewy. Be a shame though, as he's really funny to watch. Cheeky buggers keep coming in the conservatory and wandering around.

Oh yeah, also joining Black Eagle Archery club (McCavity twisted my arm) soon so I can start to learn to use these bows I have properly (and get a big boy bow to play with too) - something to keep my occupied of a weekend.

This week i are mostly be making BowstringsBig Grin

and maybe buying another BowAngel

Field archery is a lot of fun BM, get competing at shoots mate you'll love it. We hold them at our club "Regent Archers" Bridlington.

(26 February 2015, 17:21)Tartar Horde Wrote: Field archery is a lot of fun BM, get competing at shoots mate you'll love it. We hold them at our club "Regent Archers" Bridlington.

I'm only really interested in the 3D animal shoots TH.
Gave up the gun range cause I got bored of shooting at the same targets week after week. McCavity put me on to these lot, apparently they even have camps / shoots on Dartmoor occasionally.

I did really enjoy the day I did down at Dans club though, any excuse to get out in the woods! No animals to shoot then, just targets dotted around the woodland.

May have to pick your brains when it comes to buying myself a new bow if that's okay? I know which one I want, it's just the arrows that confuses me.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Bucket - 26 February 2015

Got a bit of downtime in the lab, so put half a bench aside to try this

http://www.doomandbloom.net/making-penicillin-at-home/

currently waiting for the bread to go mouldy

It's what I/we do BM, got a hundred or so acres of woodland on the East Yorks Wolds with 36 mixed 3D and Game. We don't target shoot.

(26 February 2015, 22:18)Tartar Horde Wrote: It's what I/we do BM, got a hundred or so acres of woodland on the East Yorks Wolds with 36 mixed 3D and Game. We don't target shoot.

Oh dude, that sounds superb!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - MaryN - 4 March 2015

Cleaning out the greenhouse and washing all the pots - getting ready to sow seeds.