Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 14 April 2015

I escaped today...well almost.... planted some tomatoes , peas, moved some containers refilled them, planted onion sets....stripped down my planer/thickness er ...needs new belt for the feed drive...coming Friday...removed the cutters for regrinding and a sharpening ....sharpened all my lathe chisels..like razors...circular saw bench stripped down put on a new blade...razor....built that back up.....then changed blade on my 14" chop saw...razor...what now i said oh yea pillar drill....bugger...wifey and daughter return home....bloody good job I prepped all the veg ...and put the lamb chops in ..on low....cleaned the kitchen....home scott free i thought....until wifey went into utility room ....I had filled the washing machine ...put in the powder ..and conditioner ....but forgot to turn it on......BOLLOCKS fell at the last fence.

And I cooked a gammon joint......okay it was in the slow cooker ....i just remembered ....to turn it off ! been on since 7.30 this morning....showing signs of huge breasts developing.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Steve - 14 April 2015

Sounds like SS has a well equipped workshop. Can you recommend someone to sharpen the thicknesser blades ? I have a load of blunt used blades, ruined because I have built a few teak boats recently.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 15 April 2015

Steve sent you a PM .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mortblanc - 15 April 2015

Seems a successful day, except for the last hiccup.

Brings back an old favorite saying from a friend.

"One oh $h!t erases a thousand attaboys"

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 21 April 2015

Stripped down my Kaltenbach cut off saw...cutter comes UP through the bed plate...14" circular saw blade ...air clamps to hold work...with a 12 ft take off bed graduated with end stop ...this bugger is precision personified...anyway been sat there for for years ...took the electric motor off and checked the three phases..fine....checked the 240 to 415 inverter....fine...so the fault must be the wiring from the switch....easy ...two new pulley v belts ...and a good clean and oil up she will be ready to start work on my new home...stoke on luck...the electrician that checked the motor and inverter had eight metres of roller take off with stands laying against a stone wall at his farmhouse ....i looked then dribbled uncontrolled for 5 mins then he said ....take it if you want it....i have no use for it....someone just dropped it there.........i could not walk in a straight line for an hour.... the pillar drill press is asking when he will be sorted....soon ! old one soon! ....sowed my runner beans and some cucs.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Tartar Horde - 22 April 2015

tending the Tatties and Peas, planted Coriander, Basil, Chinese herb selection and Mustard. Did a bit of weeding.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 23 April 2015

having a clear out of the (now tidy) workshop and putting some stuff on the local freecycle, already got rid of an old trailer and an old wheelbarrow that's not in use. waiting for some more to be picked up. this will clear more room for prep type stuff.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 23 April 2015

The kaltenbach is now finished and spot on just waiting on the blades to be returned from being sharpened...The pillar drill has also been sorted and finished spot on, fitted cutters on the thicknesser ...still waiting for the new drive belt , the only thing left on the machine front is to make a sled for the saw table and a good tidy up...and de,clutter from the last 30 years ...that should be fun..but stuff needs to go...on the real prepper front ..going to make cart for my HAND tools and bug out kit.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 26 April 2015

Had a great day today, cleaned out the inside of the garage/workshop....threw out all the rubbish ...i can actually see ALL the floor all 50 sq mtrs.. blew out the lot with the air line, had a look at all the stuff on the drive...chop saw 110 volt was not working ...thought i can cut compound angles with that ...removed the brushes....looked in my bits n bobs tin..bugger me found a new set...fitted them and bingo one good chop saw ..and a top make...i am now on a roll....generators two off not serviced since last year ( i miss NR s list reminders ) put them up on the bench whipped them up started no problems but did do some freeing up on the advance on the one ...both now sweet....i am now like a pig in shit...as i start putting stuff back in position...what next....lawn mower 4.5 hp husky sorted the bugger out in a hour ...has always started on the first pull had it from new 11 years ago....i have now turned into Rambo hedge trimmer , strimmer, chain saw...fell like dogs...i am now shouting... Adrian...Adrian "i did it " Adrian in a cruff voice....out my way MF .....and you Paulie ! ...it never go,s this good for me as a rule....the arc welder...fed up of humping that lump about...my eyes drop on the old shopping trolley...come here you little bastard ! 20 mins later i have a mobile arc welder...NO i am not even sweating...put that in for the ladies ....corr what a hard bastard SS is...i hear them cry....yeah girls damn right....and my false teeth have not dropped once ...not once i tell you....its 5.50 pm its all back in and mostly in position.... however i did fail to start the two Lister D type engines and forgot the Rotavator down the other shed, i water the greenhouse...and the raised beds...as i stagger back down the winding path to the house, wifey is standing in the open porch smiling " come my little precious your dinner is ready and kettle is on " NAARRRGHHH she actually said "you been out there all bloody day you bugger.....do the dishes " ........love transends all.....

RE: What have done towards your prep? - MaryN - 26 April 2015

Goodness, S! You're going to blow a gasket at this rate!