Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 12 June 2015

Logged and split and stacked about a cord of firewood today.....repaired roof of wood store damaged by high winds...........
noticed today stock of bleach is now about gone , also disinfectant low.......soap low... so its off to home bargains tomorrow to stock right back up...(I still have emergency stock preps ) but as part of the rotation process need fresh stock..... Its very easy to slip backwards with your stores....its a good practice to review your stored goods at regular intervals ....its no good putting stores away ...to find out ( spoilt items or lack of items ) when you may need them most.....i suggest we all stay on top ....pack it up and stow away and forget it ...just does not cut it !

So go on ! go check right now !

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 13 June 2015

Well Home Bargains went well ! ....did it SS ....yes it did ......did you pick up bleach.........yes i did......did you get disinfectant.......yes i did........what about soap.........yea i sure did...did you do anything else SS .............yes i did ..........i split some logs for John up the farm .......did you.......for fuck sake enough about me WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING LATELY ....i mean its nice to know what your doing....it inspires us all....stop fucking about and jump to it !

RE: What have done towards your prep? - John - 13 June 2015

Bought another new hat?????????????????

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 13 June 2015

Okay John ...i,ll bite .....what type of hat.....i like my hats ..I favour a bucket hat the tweed herringbone type ...the one i have now looks if its been used to quell the blast of several stun grenades ....bought a new one at a show in BUILTH WELLS three weeks ago.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - MaryN - 15 June 2015

It's gardening time for me, so I'm getting all the greenhouse-grown plants out into their final places in the garden. This is where I start to find out if my planning has worked - most of the stuff going out will carry us through autumn and winter and into early spring next year (lots of brassicas and leeks). Soft fruit is coming on apace - gooseberries are good this year. We are swamped with strawberries (mmmm) - and if anyone can tell me a good method of freezing them so they don't go to mush please do. Preparing a great pile of horse manure ready to mulch any unused areas.

This is when we get in the logs for next winter. I also scour our hedges and collect any useful-sized bits for kindling. Everything helps.

Suspect it may also be the year we get our septic tank "sucked out" - lovely!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 16 June 2015

Because of the MOVE coming up , most stuff i have planted are in containers, but at least its something, yesterday ...Monday picked up a new generator...6.5 kw...off a guy...brand new ! £150.....i think he said he was in between positions at the moment, and he was in a hurry to attend a new job interview....as he left....i lifted my hand to give him a wave....as my hand was coming up....he was six hundred yards away.....what an odd chap .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 16 June 2015

(16 June 2015, 07:04)Straight Shooter Wrote: Monday picked up a new generator...6.5 kw...off a guy...brand new ! £150....

He's not got anymore going at that price has he??? Or if he'd be so kind as to point me towards the back of that lorry.....

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Tartar Horde - 16 June 2015

Bought Wifey a sewing machine with all the bells and whistles. Now I have to endure the misery of being a Human test subject for various outfits lol.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 16 June 2015

as long as its not a dress TH!!Big Grin wont exactly go with the ancient arrow heads you make!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Tartar Horde - 16 June 2015

Oh I don't know mate, me in a low cut dress and wellies would no doubt put the fear of God into people.