Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 8 March 2016

(7 March 2016, 18:09)Rocks Wrote: Bought a week's worth of supplies.

well its a start.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 8 March 2016

Rocks ....what did you buy ? ...the reason i ask is ....long or short term stuff or a mix ? sometimes its hard to determine what to get first and prioritize stock , what to get and in what order.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Rocks - 10 March 2016

(8 March 2016, 09:58)bigpaul Wrote:
(7 March 2016, 18:09)Rocks Wrote: Bought a week's worth of supplies.

well its a start.

Thanks, I'm hoping to get a month's supply in within three months. I am new to the idea of 'bugging in'.
I always have been a bit of a survivor, but the plan was always to grab my daysack (three days of MOD rations in it, water and bivvi/dry/wet kit) and then survive using my wits and fitness and go full on scavenger mode. But I am now in a serious relationship, so I can't expect my girl to live like that.
So please forgive me BP, I am an amateur, I learn fast though!

Next plan is to get a solid BOL set up with a three month supply/own power/comms etc.
Long term goal Big Grin

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 10 March 2016

(10 March 2016, 17:12)Rocks Wrote: So please forgive me BP, I am an amateur, I learn fast though!
all I meant was we all had to start somewhere-even me!!!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 10 March 2016

Rocks , no such thing as an Amateur Prepper, There is Preppers ( the enlightened) and the Masses ( the unenlightened) Smile its just some folks have been enlightened longer than others.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Skean Dhude - 10 March 2016

We are all amateurs and we learn things every day. Prepping is a lifestyle. Nobody says they are amateurs at life.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - MaryN - 10 March 2016

Planted lettuce seeds and pricked out tomato plants. Sowed violet artichoke seeds for next year's plants. Rotavated a veggie area in readiness to plant potatoes later this week. So wet at the moment.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 10 March 2016

New storeroom is done ...the guts of it anyway, on a visit to Steve the farm today , helped out with a small problem, in return i have three to four trailer full's of good top soil being dropped next week, and some duck eggs.

So on with the garden next week....loads to do , i am way behind.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Starsailor - 10 March 2016

Planted up a permaculture pot in the yard (rowan, redcurrant, ramsons); started my worm farm, the worms arrived in the post this morning; asked the lad next door to bring me six old tyres for a garden project I've got planned; got the batteries into my head torches.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 10 March 2016

Hmmm got visions of SS1 planting duck eggs and SS2 trying to round up and herd a load of worms ? Smile