Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Starsailor - 10 March 2016

(10 March 2016, 22:03)NorthernRaider Wrote: Hmmm got visions of SS1 planting duck eggs and SS2 trying to round up and herd a load of worms ? Smile

Closer than you think lol I had to round up my ducks from next door's patio again, with a laundry basket borrowed from lovely neighbour; had to explain to her son that I hadn't washed it out because my bath was full of trees - took the opportunity to take advantage of his dazed confusion and asked him about getting me the tyres. Worms are a doddle compared to ducks..........

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 11 March 2016

Vicious things packs of uncontrolled ducks, got no teeth but they could gum you to death, For the life of me though I have never fathomed out how wild ducks make Eider Down Quits either Smile

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 11 March 2016

you get eider down from eider ducks, you clot.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 11 March 2016

Payday today so I've just ordered another transceiver and accessories(3rd one) have put in lots of miles walking new puppy(7 months)around my local greenery and in the process I have lost over half a stone.....but the best thing is actually discovering loads of things all around my vicinity that I hadn't really taken in by studying Google earth and the good old os maps....relearned that the mark 1 eyeball is still king.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 18 March 2016

The top soil arrived yesterday ...three six ton loads, so been on the wheelbarrow today , should sort it all by Saturday evening ....the SIL is helping out.

Sunday i will plant out some onion sets,broad beans and some peas. Had a skip delivered today ought to fill it within a few days to clear most of all the crap left from the shed clear out .

Anvil update......its not for sale after all !!.

Started sowing stuff in the greenhouse .

Had some comms stuff delivered today, still awaiting the full order .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - MaryN - 22 March 2016

Tomato seedlings pricked out and in the cold greenhouse. Looking good. Celery now germinated and growing on. Barrowed 12 loads of manure onto the garden areas today - am exhausted! That stuff weighs a ton. Planted rows of spuds - Nicola and Charlotte - in happy anticipation of summer salads. Can't wait.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 23 March 2016

Finally got a row of onions in today, along with broad beans,and two rows of peas.
The top soil is the dogs bollocks....sowed some radish in some containers, sowing some more tomorrow ..toms,cucs, in the greenhouse....i know its a bit early ...but with a little heat should be okay...i have plenty of cloches, had a bit of bad luck today.....got my felling axe ...fast...cutting a cabbage....had to get out the block n tackle....got it out eventually ....took me hour and a half...did not want to break the shaft see.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 23 March 2016

Forgot to mention.....up the doctors yesterday for my annual check up....doc says yep your fine all is okay ...."do you have any questions ? " ......well no not about me i say ...but i am a bit worried about the wife...." what's the problem ? " well i say she's got a habit of saying " What ! " every time we hold a conversation...i have to repeat myself all the bloody time....i think she's going deaf....." try the distance test" what's that doc? " when your in the garden try asking her something...start a fair bit away then move a bit closer till you get a response" good idea doc i'll try that out.

following day i am in the garage as i look out PAM is in the kitchen ..." What's for dinner Pam...what you making love " no reply......i move a bit closer " what's for dinner love ...what you making" ...no reply ...i move in closer just outside the kitchen window..." what's for dinner love what you making? " no reply....i now walk into the kitchen and stand right behind her...."whats for dinner love ...what you making ? "......................she replies ....FOR THE FORTH BASTARD TIME..gammon egg and chips !

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Devonian - 23 March 2016

(23 March 2016, 22:56)Straight Shooter Wrote: "......................she replies ....FOR THE FORTH BASTARD TIME..gammon egg and chips !

PMSL Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: What have done towards your prep? - MaryN - 18 April 2016

It's that rotavating time of year, and we've just got a new rotavator. No idea what brand it is - it's an import though, and straight off eBay. But it's got a real hefty engine and sturdy bits. My veggie patches have been given a real going-over and are now finely tilthed. Just going to spread more manure in the next day or so, and then run the rv over it again. Runner bean seeds are germinating nicely in the greenhouse and there are seedlings everywhere. I love this time of year.