Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mortblanc - 20 November 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVUar4-RkW0

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 20 November 2017

I am now doing the Cha Cha around the lounge while the wild thang makes dinner ....i think she's about to join in ...hey baby ....slow down ! .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mortblanc - 20 November 2017

The Mavericks are old geezers like us. It has taken them 30 years to become an over night success.

As the stew that makes up American society thickens and changes so does our taste in music. Latin rhythms have been sliding in unnoticed for 50 years now and some of our biggest stars have decided to expose the fact that they are Hispanic background.

Linda Ronstadt has never been a big in England but she is the top female R&R singer of all time over here, outselling most of the other females combined. Most people do not realize that she is of Hispanic background and has the top selling Spanish language recording in U.S. recording history. Her grandfather migrated to Mexico from Germany back in the 1930s to escape Hitler. He married a Mexican woman and moved to Arizona in the early 1940s.

We have two different Hispanic population groups in the U.S.

One group is out of the Mexican tradition and fills the southwest and central U.S. They have strong German influence with lots of trumpets and accordions as well as some interesting guitar variations. Lots of Germans have always migrated to Mexico, ever since the revolutions back in the 1840s.

The other group is from the West Indies and Caribbean area and includes a large group of U.S. citizens from Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. They are as U.S. as us guys from Kentucky and West VA, but grew up speaking Spanish. They are mixed with the Cuban Refugees that filled Florida since 1960 and have brought us a solid Samba and cha-cha sound.

When you mix all that up with Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Merle Haggard, and Lyard Skyard you get some wild music!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 20 November 2017

To be honest MB (we) quite enjoyed the link you supplied...we total'ed two standard lamps and one fruit bowl and contents ....i ruined the flowers trying to grab one to stick in my mouth ...its easy to lose control..but i did clean up though .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 21 November 2017

Rocky update........he failed to show today, however i was magnificent and teachers pet ...i got to take the timing clocks back to the office....brown arsing ....f..k i even gave him a energy bar...but had the good sense to do this out of sight of the others.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 22 November 2017

High winds and rain today....so confined to the workshop, looking at the forecast last Sunday i knew this lot was coming ........so i take a trip the the salvage yard and pick up some 18 mm ply off cuts and some timber off cuts spent a fiver then i head for the hardware store, i pick up some nails for the gun,some wood glue and a few corrugated fasteners and head back home ....i knock up the shutter ready for the drive.... its done inside twenty mins ...can,t set it up (rain) ....kettle is on coffee at the ready....John and his dog turn up..."We could smell the coffee walking up....could'nt we boy " he looks down at his dog ....dog looks at me shakes his head ....he's lying again....we did not smell the coffee at all ! he wants something again !....would you like a coffee John ?....aye go on then.... can't stop long .....long enough to ask for something i thought ....Spartacus has already give me the heads up...."been looking at your raised beds ...we think you have done a grand job....don't we boy ! " ....Spartacus looks at me nods his head indicating a yes..... then.... he said look SS he is about to ask you for the blue pipe to make some cloches ...i am fed up of being used as some sort of a f..king prop...if you don't mind SS i'm off for a piss ! ...sure Spartacus i say.... carry on ....Tell you what we were wondering ...whats that John ? don't suppose you have any of that blue pipe left? do you ? ...i look up the drive ...Spartacus has now covered his ears with his front paws and says " he is really f..king embarrassing".......No i used the lot John sorry mate ......what do you want it for ? John .....well you gave us the idea and when we looked down and seen how you made yours we thought what a great idea did'nt we boy ..... Spartacus nods his head ...rolls back his eyes .....i think i may have some down the bottom poly tunnel ...hold fire i'll go look i say.....oh don't put yourself out.....Spartacus looks at me and said "that's his speak for put yourself out....best if you go look get it and we can all get on" ....i do as Spartacus suggests and manage to find some off cuts of white pipe ...there you go John ! ....and off they go....as they leave Spartacus looks back and says what we /you need here SS is those automatic security gates...just saying....oh and thanks for the doggy treat ! later dude !...i knock up another bird table for my daughter and its dinner time all of a sudden .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mortblanc - 22 November 2017

Our "Thanksgiving" holiday is tomorrow. It involves eating massive meals of roast turkey with stuffing and veggies all topped off with various pies of pumpkin, chocolate, mince and sweet-potatoes.

I am on a strict diet, which slows me some. None of the pies for me, no stuffing or heavy carbohydrates.

I will be content with turkey and plenty of vegetables. It is the cost for living a bit longer, and keeping all my limbs and internals intact for a while.

I put the turkey in the oven a few minutes ago, so the house will smell very good for a few hours and the oven is giving added heat to the living area.

I will have a turkey wing for supper and have the carcass sliced, stripped clean, bagged and frozen before I sleep.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 23 November 2017

Have a great day MB and all the guys over there !.....i did experiment with teleportation ....to help out with the turkey ...so i concentrated real hard for at least ten mins eyes closed tight...first contact ...nose..i could smell turkey umm i thought must be close now ...just about to complete the transfer...and wild child said ....are you okay ? do you need the toilet ? ......hard landing !.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mortblanc - 23 November 2017

So the big bird finally finished around 23:00, so I ate way too much way too late in the evening. I had the wing and it was so good I had a leg also. Did not sleep well as a result.

I find that I sleep better if I am a bit hungry when I retire.

At any rate, I got up and watched the parades and celebrations this morning. American football will be on TV for the rest of the day and I do not care much for that sport. Too much experience with the players and coaches with a complete entitlement mentality while in the teaching field.

I turned on the video machine and am reviewing the series of survival films made by Ron Hood several years ago. It is mostly wilderness & bushcraft work, so only marginally useful for the UK. I have most of the series so I will be occupied for the rest of the day.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Lightspeed - 24 November 2017

Belated happy Thanksgiving greetings MB.

Over here we've been taking advantage of the unseasonably mild weather to work out in the woodstore converting another cord and a half of seasoned wood ready for our stove.

While at it I also had a tidy-up to clear working space. This freed up enough space to bring under cover a couple of cords that are just about fully seasoned.... another year in the store will see them ready for use.

Right now SWMBO's enjoying a hard-earned soak, and I'm feet up enjoying a small dram..... Cheers!