Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 25 April 2018

The land drain pipe arrived about noon today.....and are all in the trench and connected ....the trench is now back filled , nice and warm ,sunny all afternoon .....if the weather stays good i will move the polytunnel tomorrow and get that set up , i will cut it down from 6 mtrs to 3 mtrs so i end up 3 mtrs square ...once i get that done i will construct two raised beds 3mtrs x 1.2 mtrs x 450 mm high.....i will also set up a composting bay ....and build a potting shed ......but first up is grading the bank i'v cut into and level off all the ground i'v gained.......looking gooood .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 25 April 2018

Just as a test of a fairly local open space, i’ve buried a couple of small plastic containers containing bits and pieces to see if the area is suitable for a proper cache, i’ve also found the ground is easy to dig, will leave them a few weeks to see if anyone finds them.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 26 April 2018

Stick a planter , water butt or garden feature over the top Pete .... Graded and level'ed off the ground and cut down the poly tunnel ....moved it , and is now all set up ready to produce ....windy but sunny today...rain forecast tomorrow , but plenty to keep me out the way of the traffic.....ordering treated timber for raised beds in the a.m .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mortblanc - 27 April 2018

General garden work for me today.

Mowing the grass, have a big brush pile I have been saving for a year for a good day to burn, tilling the veggie patch with the rotovator.

My American spell check does not recognize that word, we usually refer to them as rototillers over here.

I also need to finish and apply stain to a wardrobe I made to expand clothing storage and make it more convenient.

I'll get to all that as soon as I finish them pot of coffee.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 29 April 2018

When you’re in town have you noticed the number of people with black day sacs ?. Business people with laptop bags, kids with their school work, teens with sports gear, i’ve decided to join them.

A 25 litre bag will hold my EDC with water a little food and some GHB basics and still leave room for the odd bit of shopping, best of all it won’t look out of place, and can be topped up in an emergency.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 2 May 2018

Change of plan on the raised beds .....i built four 2mtrs x 1 mtr x 450 mm high by doing these sizes it gave me more room to incorporate another 7 mtr raised bed against the bank ....looks better and more growing space , filled all with compost from the woodland (and emptied ) the raised beds i put up months ago (pending ground works dictates these coming down) the other half of the cut down polytunnel is now sited against the brew shed all fixed ....i fitted new polythene cover today ...its now ready to produce .....waiting on some top soil from my mate to finish off the raised beds , all seedlings are doing great ...and will be planted out in around ten days time....wild child planted out all the containers around the deck today flowers,flowers, flowers......set up my composting bay ....all that remains is a good brush up and blow & jet wash the drive .....everything in the raised beds i have direct seeded is coming on well.....i should have it easier from now on and just enjoy the fruits of my labour at least that's the plan................but i expect i will find plenty of other stuff to get done ...there are projects that have been put back because the garden has had priority.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Lightspeed - 5 May 2018

Acquired 20 sheets of corrugates asbestos and 3 loads of wood from neighbour who's re-modelling his little house.

The asbestos sheet probably sounds a strange prep, but that's the material my woodshed roof's made of. If I get any storm damage, its literally impossible to buy replacements, so now I have enough to keep it in good shape for years to come.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 5 May 2018

Top soil coming tomorrow (Sunday) am ....had a scrounge around and found enough timber to lay a floor in the polytunnel attached to the brew shed...done and dusted made a potting table outside the polytunnel ....laid 2 ton of scalping's and 2 ton of clean chippings around the rear of the bottom music room....where the sil is landscaping ....i dug out a pond 10ft radius ..he set in a liner and built a dry stone wall all around ....it looks fab....he has done a first class job .....so the pathway is done about 75% i set the kick boards up first thing got the digger out and loaded the skip loader...we got it all around and raked it all into level ......i am nursing a huge glass of that blackberry wine i made ....well ...my second actually feeeellling coool and gooooood .....making the most of wild child baby sitting ....say f..k all is the best .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mortblanc - 6 May 2018

Like you SS, I got up early this morning to go to the hardware store and buy some supplies for the day's projects.

It was piddling rain,

so I went back to bed.

Rained all day too!

It turned the Kentucky Deby into a muddy drunken festival rather than the normal dusty drunken festival.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 6 May 2018

Beautiful sun for the last two days here MB and hot with another mega hot fine sunny day in store tomorrow , soil arrived at 9.30 am on the dot this morning 3 ton load (great top quality) filled all the raised beds to height i was on the Irish banjo till 1 pm ....then planted some more onions and shallots ....in the polytunnel planted on cucs ,sweet peppers and chilli peppers....wild child come out with some more seed potatoes ....so i planted up some buckets.....up at 6 am this morning (normal for me ) wild one made a full English breakfast for me ....yum...set me up all day....the day finished up with a wild feast out on the deck six of us including 2 grandsons ....home cooked ham, chicken , boiled and roast potatoes , vegetable savoury rice , cheese , boiled eggs , and full bollocks salad wild child makes, all now cleaned away washed dried and back in place...perfect end to a perfect day....all that remains is the sinking of this single malt .