Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 27 August 2012

Y'know I have REALLY got to stop saying NEVER on issues of kit, I would ADVISE against putting budget gear in a tactical kit, Apple-ologies

RE: What have done towards your prep? - 00111001 - 31 August 2012

(27 August 2012, 16:05)TOF Wrote: Canned 9 jars Minced Beef.

Hi TOF,

what sort of canning equipment do you use? The wife and I are both interested to get started on this, but I'm struggling to find a pressure canner over here (or one that is reasonably priced anyway) - most seem to be available in the US. Also, are they dangerous? I've seen a few with warning etc about the pressure and valves etc. To be honest I don't really understand it fully! I was going to try and make my own water bath canner, but thought better of it!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Armoured Gideon - 31 August 2012

Started looking at camper vans. I have a three grand budget. any advice??

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Prepaday - 31 August 2012

More mushy peas and rice pudding bought, sorry just can't help myself at such cheap prices hee, hee.

(31 August 2012, 16:19)Prepaday Wrote: More mushy peas and rice pudding bought, sorry just can't help myself at such cheap prices hee, hee.

Hi there Prepaday. I hope you've slorted out some kind of ultra tough chemical toilet to deal with the after effects of all these mushy peas and rice pudding? Confused

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Prepaday - 31 August 2012

Rice pudding is bad for the a ss? Mushy peas maybe but rice pudding? why? Smile

(31 August 2012, 16:24)Prepaday Wrote: Rice pudding is bad for the a ss? Mushy peas maybe but rice pudding? why? Smile

It's the combination of the two that sends shivers down my spine, Bbbbrrr!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 31 August 2012

(31 August 2012, 16:24)Prepaday Wrote: Rice pudding is bad for the a ss? Mushy peas maybe but rice pudding? why? Smile

Curry then rice pud plus a few pints of lager and you will be able to pebble dash your house.Smile

RE: What have done towards your prep? - HunterNurturer - 31 August 2012

Just ordered a black widow slingshot from ebay Smile
Had a slingshot on the To Buy list for a while and these are cheap and get good reviews so thought I'd try it out. Already bought the ammo a few weeks ago so bout time I got round to it lol

A question I've been meaning to ask -
I want to make a homemade slingshot, so what would be stronger - a natural fork from a tree or a block of wood that I carved into a slingshot? Hypothetical question so assume they're both from the same tree.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 31 August 2012

I'm guessing that the strength lies in the natural grain structure of the wood so a natural fork would be my guess, and Laminated would prolly the best in unnatural wood ? but I'm definately guessing.