Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Metroyeti - 2 November 2012

(2 November 2012, 20:50)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(2 November 2012, 20:33)Metroyeti Wrote: Got a new (to me, carboot bargain) got it serviced,going to put some miles in, then start using my trailer loaded with gear.

Got a new WHAT ?

Bike lol

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 2 November 2012

well folks update on corn grinder....great..great...great ! its working fine and really fast , i am over the moon, could run it with a pedal bike as a backup....so when the shtf and you all come down to wales... i will make the bread ! ... or bring your grain...i am the man to turn it into flour , will video and post shortly.... ordered gieger counter today.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - TOF - 3 November 2012

Just finished adding a rather fetching paracord handle to my ALICE pack. Those things are a pain to move around without one.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 3 November 2012

Today has been a double victory for prepping here in L'Hotel Scythe13.

The wife asked if we could "Stock up on porridge oats to put with your tins" Guess whose thinking the right way now!!! Got 2 bags of oats stored now. Will probably get some more soon.

Mum has gone and bought herself her first camping stove and gas bottles (she's used to cooking on a gas stove and is cool lighting it with matches or a cigarette lighter) and has stocked up the cupboards "because, as you said, this winter could see us cut off from the shops and a regular food supply"!!!

YEAH!!!! DAMN RIGHT!!!!!

It's a GREAT feeling knowing that your family are starting to make provisions for themselves!!!

Today has been a big sigh of relief!!!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Jan - 4 November 2012

Built a set of shelves in garage from scratch.......the language was choice and my thumb is now very blue

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Hexyprep - 4 November 2012

Bought a paraffin heater and 2 paraffin lanterns, also some spare wicks and a paraffin camping stove.... only have a very small store of paraffin though!!! Need to find some at a reasonable price!!!!
Also recieved my 'metal match' that hooks onto a key ring... took a few attempts to get it to work, but now thinking of getting more!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Metroyeti - 4 November 2012

100 tea lights, and a nice ten mile bike ride.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 5 November 2012

Nice ride distance MY.

Today was an easy one.

12 litres of bottles water, 60 tea lights. Nothing special, but well worth having.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Metroyeti - 5 November 2012

£2 for 100tea lights in asda, not sure what the burn time on them is tbh, there cheap.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 5 November 2012

started to empty gas bottles today to make stoves...turned em upsidedown be ready by wed to swill out and start cutting, more rice,pasta,spag tins,peas,beans........had chat with daughter 2 .......up hill and hard work...but will keep on keeping on......don,t know bout you guys but i am speeding up ....when the money allows ....something is pushing me