Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - I-K-E - 23 November 2012

well spoke to the OH on the phone and she's picked a few more packets of soup and some other things for the stores

not bad it's getting to the point that we are getting a bit each time either of us goes into the shops

only a few thing at a time but it all helps

RE: What have done towards your prep? - uks - 23 November 2012

(23 November 2012, 16:22)I-K-E Wrote: well spoke to the OH on the phone and she's picked a few more packets of soup and some other things for the stores

not bad it's getting to the point that we are getting a bit each time either of us goes into the shops

only a few thing at a time but it all helps

as tesco says every little helps

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Tarrel - 23 November 2012

Added some baked beans, instant cheesy mash, spaghetti and two more jumbo packs of porridge oats to the store.
Question: Can anyone tell me how long diesel is likely to last in a steel (ex military) jerry can? It hasn't had any additives or anything added.

Thanks.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 23 November 2012

I have had diesel stored in coated steel jerry cans last over a year, So long as the diesel is not able to absorb moisture or develop anaerobic sludge its fairly reliable, Though I admit when I use a lot of old diesel I'll often add a pint of petrol to the tank as well, or parafin.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - David075 - 23 November 2012

on the subject of diesel would it be worth the extra cost of storeing the the more expensive diesel ? for example the bp ultimate I have found it to give the car a little more power and a few more mpg but of course it costs more , when I am able to store fuel its my first option unless somebody has better advise ? also what about diesel addatives like redex ?
(23 November 2012, 22:18)David075 Wrote: on the subject of diesel would it be worth the extra cost of storeing the the more expensive diesel ? for example the bp ultimate I have found it to give the car a little more power and a few more mpg but of course it costs more , when I am able to store fuel its my first option unless somebody has better advise ? also what about diesel addatives like redex ?

also if your fuel storage capacity is limited would it not be best to have premium diesel that may last a little longer.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Wildman - 24 November 2012

(22 November 2012, 09:49)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(22 November 2012, 03:05)Wildman Wrote: Just bought a ratcatcher air rifle, and plan to take the power up some what!!

Beeman Ratcher?, let me know how the power increase goes cos I'm interested, standard it only puts out about 7 ft pound

It's a crosman ratcatcher .22 at 9 pounds power. Once I've put a longer barrel on and polished the inside, adjusted the valve,and routed out the gas chamber it should have a lot more stopping power! I'm also going to slide another tube over the sound suppressor twice as long with another the original length on top and yet another the long length on top of that, all tight fit with holes drilled through the inside tube and a cap over the end drilled out so the round comes through. If your still with me here lol. I should have an even more silent silencer!!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 24 November 2012

(24 November 2012, 00:41)Wildman Wrote:
(22 November 2012, 09:49)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(22 November 2012, 03:05)Wildman Wrote: Just bought a ratcatcher air rifle, and plan to take the power up some what!!
Beeman Ratcher?, let me know how the power increase goes cos I'm interested, standard it only puts out about 7 ft pound
It's a crosman ratcatcher .22 at 9 pounds power. Once I've put a longer barrel on and polished the inside, adjusted the valve,and routed out the gas chamber it should have a lot more stopping power! I'm also going to slide another tube over the sound suppressor twice as long with another the original length on top and yet another the long length on top of that, all tight fit with holes drilled through the inside tube and a cap over the end drilled out so the round comes through. If your still with me here lol. I should have an even more silent silencer!!

There's a lovely trick about the Crosman Ratcatcher.

Air rifles are 9lbs but pistols are only 6lbs.

If you cut the butt off the Ratty, then trim the barrel, you get a 9lb pistol!!!

Magic
Although, I should say, that would be illegal, and I am not recommending that.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - T-oddity - 24 November 2012

I had a go at moding a rat catcher a while back as a poormans tdr to take camping, upgraded the gas valve and polished the sear etc and it was certainly efective for catching tea.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2481181660055413210MbpteR

I must point out that removing the butt and fitting pistol hand grips is illegal and the rifle now has it's original butt replacedAngel

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Wildman - 24 November 2012

(24 November 2012, 07:49)T-oddity Wrote: I had a go at moding a rat catcher a while back as a poormans tdr to take camping, upgraded the gas valve and polished the sear etc and it was certainly efective for catching tea.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2481181660055413210MbpteR

I must point out that removing the butt and fitting pistol hand grips is illegal and the rifle now has it's original butt replacedAngel

It's possible to take up to 20 pounds with the right custom parts and DIY mods. But this is for my son for when his older. Buy then it will have all the parts so he can mod and learn about it his self. I'm starting him off at 4, same age I stated shooting.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 24 November 2012

more oats, tea,pasta,tin rice,tin fruit and loads of vasilene. lucky find in my mates shed, 24 tins fuel jell ...he was throwing out...now in ss kit, and 2 old weighing scales from a school kitchen.... i get a bit of luck now and again