Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 1 January 2013

I've been busy. Working on increasing my fat reserves and winter blubber layer. Then I've been hard at work being ill along with my boy, and I also broke my car. Great start to the New Year.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Metroyeti - 1 January 2013

Get well soon beardy

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 1 January 2013

yeah same here, get better soon BMBig Grin

RE: What have done towards your prep? - I-K-E - 7 January 2013

after a month of not doing much on the preps due to christmas we started up again

got a month worth (4.5kg) of rice for the stores and the other half will be picking up some wire wool to make homemade oxygen absorbers up in the next day or so. She also spotted something on facebook and we've ended up with a second hand 4 man tent (need a little work), two camping tables, a cooking station (bench with fold out side tables) a windup lantern that can also be charged in car, a single burner gas cooker and a slightly dinted kettle. All for 50 quid. The last two things will be stuck in the shed as backups as we have these already and if the other stuff doesn't work out then I don't mind at that price it was worth a gamble.

with a little TLC we should have some useful things for the family car camping holidays planning to a fair bit to get the little one outdoors ....... when she gets older we plan on taking her on walking camping type trips

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 7 January 2013

(7 January 2013, 14:41)I-K-E Wrote: after a month of not doing much on the preps due to christmas we started up again

got a month worth (4.5kg) of rice for the stores and the other half will be picking up some wire wool to make homemade oxygen absorbers up in the next day or so. She also spotted something on facebook and we've ended up with a second hand 4 man tent (need a little work), two camping tables, a cooking station (bench with fold out side tables) a windup lantern that can also be charged in car, a single burner gas cooker and a slightly dinted kettle. All for 50 quid. The last two things will be stuck in the shed as backups as we have these already and if the other stuff doesn't work out then I don't mind at that price it was worth a gamble.

with a little TLC we should have some useful things for the family car camping holidays planning to a fair bit to get the little one outdoors ....... when she gets older we plan on taking her on walking camping type trips

Bargain! Nice one I-K-E.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 7 January 2013

Had a dynamo given me today its off a morrithou ....one of my mates having a clear out..going to set it up to charge up battery then run a 12v light system.not done this before anyone done something similar ? could use some input on set up.....more tins ...rice....pasta...tin meats

also bought 2 solar chargers for mobile and aa and aaa batteries

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Metroyeti - 7 January 2013

Quit smoking

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 7 January 2013

well i,ll stay out of your way then metroyeti !! but wish you luck

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Metroyeti - 8 January 2013

Been off them for 3years and stulidly started again in august whilst working in london, not had one since the day before new years eve, should never have started up again.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 9 January 2013

Whoops. I put in a "Best Offer" on a Camels BFM backpack. Really nice bit of kit. Wasnt expecting it to be accepted, or at least not so quickly. Put the offer in and it came back instantly! So now I've got to find an extra £90.
Ordered some celox earlier too.

Not camels, CamelBak. Stupid phone.