Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 15 February 2013

(14 February 2013, 23:38)Highlander Wrote: Bracken bought us a solar shower,.. it cost less than a fiver of Ebay,.. all it is made of is a plastic bag and bout 2ft x 1ft, black on one side and clear on the other, it has a pipe and shower nozzle [with tap ] and a cord to hang it up,.... what you do is fill it up and hang it in the sun to warm the water,.. then shower

I guess to a few it might seem a daft thing to buy, but keeping clean is an important part of any survival, and shouldn't be overlooked,.. even if you are in a house with no main power it will be very handy

Oh a chap I know in the SBMCC had one of those and one summer rally he managed to actually scald himself one evening as it got quite hot, his was a rigid oblong black plastic case with a clear screen on one side, his wife said they once made a drinkable cup of tea with one on a sunny day.

Today I will clean and repaint the garden tools that got scuffed up shifting the snow we had recently, I am also looikng still for a new lightweight air rifle, online I have decided to avoid further confrontation with some folks by adopting SDs advise and putting them in the ignore section, Just finishing off fitting a brass barrel guide to replace a nasty plastic one on my SMK XS78 its also much stronger. I also want to try and refind a website I accidentally deleted that shows and supplies useful mods for the SMKxs79 and 78.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 18 February 2013

(14 February 2013, 18:21)Metroyeti Wrote: Any pictures of your hawk beardy?

I'll dig out the thread on BCUK - it was made by Biker on there, lovely thing it is Big Grin

(14 February 2013, 18:33)bigpaul Wrote: thats a snare and a half, any particular reason you got that instead of the normal ones?

It's a locking one, which are difficult to find here. Plus that'll be good for bigger game Wink

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 18 February 2013

(14 February 2013, 18:21)Metroyeti Wrote: Any pictures of your hawk beardy?

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=15579&d=1360754549]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=15580&d=1360754556]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=15581&d=1360754563]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=15582&d=1360754570]

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Hrusai - 19 February 2013

no then xD

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 19 February 2013

Been out and bought a new Air rifle, I managed to confirm verbally that the BSA Meteor MK 7 does indeed have a longer cyl than the earlier model and is now a full power air rifle. went to shop and bought one and out the box using the shops chronometer it registered 10.9 to 11.3 ft pounds using the first ten rounds, naturally it will settle down and loosen up after a few hundred rounds and that should easily give me 11.5 to 11.8 ft pounds before I start messing around with Dutch spec Welsh Willie tuning kits for it ( evil grin mode selected). Both spoilded brat and myself obtained bullseyes at 10 yards within 30 minutes of using it.

Review to follow.
NR

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 19 February 2013

(19 February 2013, 16:04)NorthernRaider Wrote: Been out and bought a new Air rifle, I managed to confirm verbally that the BSA Meteor MK 7 does indeed have a longer cyl than the earlier model and is now a full power air rifle. went to shop and bought one and out the box using the shops chronometer it registered 10.9 to 11.3 ft pounds using the first ten rounds, naturally it will settle down and loosen up after a few hundred rounds and that should easily give me 11.5 to 11.8 ft pounds before I start messing around with Dutch spec Welsh Willie tuning kits for it ( evil grin mode selected). Both spoilded brat and myself obtained bullseyes at 10 yards within 30 minutes of using it.

Review to follow.
NR
nice one NRBig Grin my old Meteor+new main spring is just right for hunting post SHTF, nice weight not to heavy(unlike some).

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 20 February 2013

Steri-Strips arrived today, celox gauze and snares Monday, and my surefire ear defenders. Just waiting for the ballistic goggles.

The snares are real beasts, they lock in place, only getting tighter. Thought I'd got myself into a spot of bother after "snaring" my arm, but I managed to pull it just a little tighter and release the mechanism, thus freeing my arm. I won't be doing that again!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 20 February 2013

DAMN!!! Moving house is stressful when the wife decides to change every plan!

Who the [insert expletive] delivers sofa's in 12-17 weeks?!?! I'll tell you who.....everyone!!!! "Hello sir. We love the sofa's in your store. We're looking to start sitting down in 80 days time, and not a day sooner! Is that okay?" WTF?!?!?!?!??!!!

So, in leu of the above, I've brought 2 massive bean bags! Is it a prep....yes. It allows for sitting after a workout! Haha

Also, due to the move, I'm building up my toolkit. It was previously all up in Warrington. Well, technically it still is, but I'm building up my new one down here.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 20 February 2013

Doing a practice Bug out by road to Alston later this morning, weather is shite but typical for this time of year i want to see how the old 4x4 copes with upper Teesdale and Upper Weardale may drop down other side towards Penrith if time allows

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 20 February 2013

Just bought myself a lapland bacho wolverine folding saw (what a name!), a big set of 18" bolt cutters and a panga machete.
Oh, and a couple of things from BCUK.

(20 February 2013, 12:06)BeardyMan Wrote: Just bought myself a lapland bacho wolverine folding saw (what a name!), a big set of 18" bolt cutters and a panga machete.
Oh, and a couple of things from BCUK.

Just bought a Marttini knife too. Wife is gonna kill me when all this turns up. Still, I can probably pass some of it off as "stock" Big Grin