Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mosstrooper - 20 February 2013

i`ve been trying to make a Woodgas Camp Stove recently with varying success.
also had a go at making a fire piston.... not that i need one mind!!!!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 20 February 2013

(20 February 2013, 14:13)Mosstrooper Wrote: also had a go at making a fire piston.... not that i need one mind!!!!

Fire pistons are too tempermental for my liking. If the conditions, tinder, and alignment of the stars isnt perfect, you have nothing. I'm up for being proven wrong though.

Building up the tool-kit even more today. Nothing amazing, WD40, and stuff like that. Wife is allowing me to get a bsnch saw though!!!

Bench* saw.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mosstrooper - 20 February 2013

(20 February 2013, 14:31)Scythe13 Wrote:
(20 February 2013, 14:13)Mosstrooper Wrote: also had a go at making a fire piston.... not that i need one mind!!!!

Fire pistons are too tempermental for my liking. If the conditions, tinder, and alignment of the stars isnt perfect, you have nothing. I'm up for being proven wrong though.

Building up the tool-kit even more today. Nothing amazing, WD40, and stuff like that. Wife is allowing me to get a bsnch saw though!!!

Bench* saw.

your right but it also led me to making some char cloth aswell
it will be a tool that sits in the bottom of the drawer Dodgy

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 20 February 2013

(20 February 2013, 14:31)Scythe13 Wrote:

Bench* saw.

Treat yourself to a bench drill, then a couple of those deactivated jobbies Wink

Err, and a katadyn hiker pro.

I'm gonna be in so much trouble with the wife. Lets just hope that it doesn't all arrive on the same day!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Metroyeti - 21 February 2013

Been taken out on a fishing trip on saturday, going to learn loads carnt wait

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 21 February 2013

(21 February 2013, 19:33)Metroyeti Wrote: Been taken out on a fishing trip on saturday, going to learn loads carnt wait

Cool. I want to get out on the river soon. Not fished for years, but I have the gill net an yo-yo reels I need to test. And those big ol' snares.

Machete and bolt cutters arrived today. Machete is massive, needs a sharpen though. That's now in place besides the bed, just in case.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Tartar Horde - 21 February 2013

(21 February 2013, 20:26)BeardyMan Wrote:
(21 February 2013, 19:33)Metroyeti Wrote: Been taken out on a fishing trip on saturday, going to learn loads carnt wait

Cool. I want to get out on the river soon. Not fished for years, but I have the gill net an yo-yo reels I need to test. And those big ol' snares.

Machete and bolt cutters arrived today. Machete is massive, needs a sharpen though. That's now in place besides the bed, just in case.

Is that the Panga? on sid's surplus? what's it like, does it have a solid tang attatchment?
Can you get broadheads for wooden shafts 11/32 tri bladed prefered
cheers

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Hex - 21 February 2013

couple of tins of aloe vera vaseline, a sowing kit, some seeds and a couple of tins of food Smile plus found another sharpening stone Smile

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 21 February 2013

Aye, indeed it is the panga. Beastly thing it be.

Yup, the broadheads are on the site, in the food procurement section (ive not had time to update the site fully yet - need to rejig things)

(21 February 2013, 21:12)Tartar Horde Wrote:

Is that the Panga? on sid's surplus? what's it like, does it have a solid tang attatchment?
cheers

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Tartar Horde - 22 February 2013

(21 February 2013, 21:30)BeardyMan Wrote: Aye, indeed it is the panga. Beastly thing it be.

Yup, the broadheads are on the site, in the food procurement section (ive not had time to update the site fully yet - need to rejig things)

(21 February 2013, 21:12)Tartar Horde Wrote:

cheers

The broadheads on the site are screw in, mainly for aluminium shafts mate, the ones I mean slip over the end of the tapered wooden shafts.