Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 22 February 2013

(21 February 2013, 21:12)Tartar Horde Wrote: The broadheads on the site are screw in, mainly for aluminium shafts mate, the ones I mean slip over the end of the tapered wooden shafts.

Wooden shafts split easily if the shot hits the ground and comes to a rapid stop (think it's the broadhead's weight). My solution, drill the shaft, use thread to screw broadhead in, a touch of gaffa-tape, and you're good to go.

Totally forgot to update with what I've got done.

Had Mega-Sofa arrive yesterday!!! It's a BEAST of a sofa! And makes a great rest to shoot the air rifle out the French window from the middle room of the house!!! Not that the wife will EVER need to know about that.

Moving tins tomorrow, and caching even more at last address. For those in the know, same postcode, behind the pub, first floor flat, have fun ripping stuff up and finding some food. Beardy, doesn't mean now! Only if TSHTF and you're heading my way.

Just remembered, had tetnus, typhoid, diptheria, and one other (can't remember which) booster after playing around with a saw. Will post about it asap. Wrote up a thread, but because I'm on my phone, editing is near impossible. Will post whole thread when I finish work today.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Tartar Horde - 22 February 2013

It won't work S13, i've tried it many years ago, you need the proper taper fit ones for wooden shafts.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 22 February 2013

(22 February 2013, 09:00)Tartar Horde Wrote: It won't work S13, i've tried it many years ago, you need the proper taper fit ones for wooden shafts.

I think BP will disagree here. You can get a "taper tool" to put a thread inside the wooden shaft and screw the broadhead in.

But no, these are the only broadheads I have at the moment, and for the foreseeable future, sorry. I'll have a look around, but they're not something I come across often.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 22 February 2013

Broadheads are very expensive, i use Bodkins...i've got a supplier who sells them for £1.15 each, yes you can get a "taper" tool..a bit like an oversized pencil sharpener for a few pounds, i superglue the points onto the shaft.

I already use Bodkins on my shaftsSmile
and yes you can get taper fit adapters for wooden shafts that enable you to use screw in points, but that's not what I mean, I am talking about broadheads that fit onto the shaft without having to use an adaptor.

(22 February 2013, 10:57)Tartar Horde Wrote: I already use Bodkins on my shaftsSmile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV3OHV5mpFg

and yes you can get taper fit adapters for wooden shafts that enable you to use screw in points, but that's not what I mean, I am talking about broadheads that fit onto the shaft without having to use an adaptor.

the only broadheads i've found are fairly expensive, £30 for 6 + postage, i bought one pack but i'm not buying any more at that price.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 22 February 2013

(22 February 2013, 11:04)bigpaul Wrote: the only broadheads i've found are fairly expensive, £30 for 6 + postage, i bought one pack but i'm not buying any more at that price.

You're looking in the wrong place Sir Wink

(22 February 2013, 11:07)BeardyMan Wrote:
(22 February 2013, 11:04)bigpaul Wrote: the only broadheads i've found are fairly expensive, £30 for 6 + postage, i bought one pack but i'm not buying any more at that price.

You're looking in the wrong place Sir Wink

i've only been able to find them in one place in the UK, a firm i regularly deal with which gives good service.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 22 February 2013

I'm happy with bullet point arrows ( dipped in dogshit) if I kill bad guys outright they are out of the equation but if I wound and infect them it will requires others from their group to care for them. !!!

I know what you mean at that price you don't want to be losing many do you. What did they weigh grain wise?

(22 February 2013, 11:36)NorthernRaider Wrote: I'm happy with bullet point arrows ( dipped in dogshit) if I kill bad guys outright they are out of the equation but if I wound and infect them it will requires others from their group to care for them. !!!

And you call me evil for using Bodkins hehe, PS you could try using the extract of "Petty Spurge" on your arrows (a very common uk weed) nasty nasty nasty make you very deadBig Grin